2016 Hitman Reboot Getting a Sequel in November

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
If you were a fan of the 2016 release of the Hitman reboot you are going to get a sequel called Hitman 2 this November. This time around the game is dropping the episodic content and will have the entire story line included with the game. Also, this release picks up where the last one left off and includes all of the bad guys you remember. Check out the announcement trailer.

Watch the trailer here.

If you are deep into Hitman lore, this game does continue the story that began in the first game. Dark cabals and a Shadow Client are … well, I don’t know, but I’m sure they all deserve to die. And Agent 47 seems like just the assassin that can handle such a job.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I really looked forward to this game when it came out, but then they fucked it up. You couldn't really do any running and gunning in this game. That would get you killed instantly. It's like a single shot from anyone would drop you and there is no real cover to speak of. Just AI that seems to move faster than you can and see through walls. It was creative in terms of how many options you had to complete your objectives. At the time I also remember the game performing relatively badly without the visuals justifying it.

I really looked forward to this game when it came out, but then they fucked it up. You couldn't really do any running and gunning in this game. That would get you killed instantly. It's like a single shot from anyone would drop you and there is no real cover to speak of. Just AI that seems to move faster than you can and see through walls. It was creative in terms of how many options you had to complete your objectives. At the time I also remember the game performing relatively badly without the visuals justifying it.

The Hitman series has never been about running and gunning except for maybe Absolution, so Hitman was exactly what fans of the first few games and Blood Money were wanting.

like this
The Hitman series has never been about running and gunning except for maybe Absolution, so Hitman was exactly what fans of the first few games and Blood Money were wanting.

Actually, I could pull it off in all the other games some of the time at least. The new one was the only game where having a gun felt virtually worthless.

Actually, I could pull it off in all the other games some of the time at least. The new one was the only game where having a gun felt virtually worthless.

Fair enough, I guess I just never played that way. The only time I used a gun was for a sniper shot or something. I had to get that silent assassin rating.

Fair enough, I guess I just never played that way. The only time I used a gun was for a sniper shot or something. I had to get that silent assassin rating.

In truth, I don't have the patience for that and could only achieve that in a few missions. I like the story in those games and I simply prefer games like that to give me the option to shoot my way out of it, not artificially make it impossible to do so. I think the last Hitman game made shooting your way out of a situation harder than it might be in real life. Like I said, the armed guards etc. seem to be able to see you through walls and behind cover. They also seem to be able to find you even if you shot someone with a suppressed weapon only once. While suppressors in real life are nothing like they are in Hollywood movies, the benefit to firing a subsonic round is that its difficult to locate where it came from. People also don't generally think every loud pop is automatically a gun shot. If security didn't find a dead body and hear additional shots, they should stand down eventually.

One of the few occasions Dan D. and I appear to be on opposite sides of an issue, at least partially.

I love the game. I'm thrilled about this sequel myself.

I don't disagree with him at least on some of the criticisms of the occasionally inconsistent AI but for me the positives far outweigh any negatives.

Run and gun is possible although if I do it I have to plan for it. Choke points, headshots, cover... I can do it but it ain' pretty. ;)

One of the few occasions Dan D. and I appear to be on opposite sides of an issue, at least partially.

I love the game. I'm thrilled about this sequel myself.

I don't disagree with him at least on some of the criticisms of the occasionally inconsistent AI but for me the positives far outweigh any negatives.

Run and gun is possible although if I do it I have to plan for it. Choke points, headshots, cover... I can do it but it ain' pretty. ;)

It's been awhile since I played it. As I recall, the earlier missions allow for some shooting to be done but I can't really think of too many scenarios where it worked out well. I'm pretty good at shooters and I found that method to be overly difficult if not close to impossible. In the cases where you can shoot your way through something it seems like the game's AI is specifically made to allow for it in those cases. The AI in those areas can't seem to see through walls etc.

like this
No more episodic bullshit, and a road race level, I will probably buy.

Back