2013 PC Gamer Top 100 (of all time)

lilbabycat

2[H]4U
RIP PC Gamer's Credibility
Born 1993
Died 20??

Apparently Diablo 3 is better than Diablo 1 and 2.
Skyrim is better than Morrowind
Starcraft 2 better than Brood War

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Half-Life 2
4. Team Fortress 2
5. Deus Ex
6. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
7. Bioshock
8. Mincraft
9. Left 4 Dead 2
10. Starcraft II
11. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
12. EVE Online
13. ARMA 2
14. Portal
15. World of Warcraft
16. Bioshock Infinite
17. Hitman: Blood Money
18. FTL
19. Company of Heroes
20. Civilization V
21. DOTA 2
22. Planescape: Torment
23. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
24. Dragon Age: Origins
25. Age of Empires
26. SimCity 4
27. Baldur's Gate 2
28. Grim Fandango
29. Battlefield 3
30. The Witcher 2
31. Rome: Total War
32. Day of the Tentacle
33. Spelunky
34. League of Legends
35. Planetside 2
36. Dungeon Keeper
37. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
38. Alpha Centauri
39. System Shock 2
40. Dishonored
41. Total War: Shogun
42. Return to Castle Wolfenstein
43. Doom
44. Quake III
45. DayZ
46. Dark Souls
47. The Witcher
48. Portal 2
49. FIFA 13
50. Flight Sim X
51. Crusader Kings 2
52. Tomb Raider
53. Theme Hospital
54. Far Cry 2
55. Beyond Good & Evil
56. The Sims 3
57. Rollercoaster Tycoon
58. Red Alert
59. Unreal Tournament 2004
60. No One Live Forever 2
61. Half-Life
62. F.E.A.R.
63. Fallout 3
64. Dwarf Fortress
65. Batman: Arkham Asylum
66. Rising Storm
67. The Secret of Monkey Island
68. Freespace 2
69. Empire: Total War
70. Tribes: Ascend
71. STALKER: Call of Pripyat
72. Quake
73. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
74. Max Payne 2
75. Galactic Civilizations II
76. Full Throttle
77. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
78. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
79. Borderlands 2
80. Torchlight
81. Starcraft: Brood War
82. The Walking Dead: Season 1
83. Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
84. Super Meat Boy
85. Peggle
86. Mount & Blade
87. Masq
88. Assassin's Creed II
89. Vampire: The Masquerade--Bloodlines
90. Ultima VII
91. Tribes 2
92. Thirty Flights of Loving
93. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
94. Plants vs. Zombies
95. Hotline Miami
96. Diablo III
97. OMSI
98. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
99. Battle of Britain 2
100. World of Goo

Too many questionable items on this list my god...
Diablo 3, Far Cry 2, Peggle,The Sims 3, Dark Souls(shitty port, good game)... I have too many issues with this list to actually go through and call them all out. Just now saw Plants vs Zombies is on there....

i like PCGamer but some of these are strange picks.. CS:GO shouldnt be on the list at all IMO haha

LOL...Diablo 3 is on that list. Its a joke list right?

a lot of people like that game dude. you just a bandwagon hard member that hates on it cause he feels like he should? its significantly better now.

The keypoint is "of all time". Not "of all time but with at least half the titles being from the last 5 years"

Even the new xcom being on there and not the original is an insult. There is nothing aside from graphics that the new title has over the old one.

ArmA 2 being on there makes me happy. Really it should probably be Operation Flashpoint, though.

It really just looks like they took hot titles from the last 10 years or so and threw them on a list.

EDIT: Looking more at this list...wow, this is fail. DayZ is better than Stalker, Half-Life...Quake!? I bet the only reason ArmA 2 is #12 is because you need it to play DayZ. :rolleyes:

a lot of people like that game dude. you just a bandwagon hard member that hates on it cause he feels like he should? its significantly better now.

No he is right, its a piece of shit.

Anyways,

Plainscape Torment @ 22? No Fallout 1 or 2 , No Tie Fighter....what kind of PC gaming list is this?

Stopped reading PC Gamer when Greg Vedermen left, and for good reason. Oh yeah ,

Oblivion > Skyrim

Some of it doesn't make any sense, nor is there any consistency in picking stepwise improvements versus originals.
They have both Witchers on there (both great, but they don't BOTH deserve to be on there)
FIFA 2013 (ok I get it, use latest version), but then they have Mount and Blade, but not Warband (universally better than the original) and Arkham Asylum but not Arkham City (mostly better than AA).
Tribes Ascend better than Tribes or Tribes 2?

Seriously, how did they even come to these conclusions? Tribes: Ascend is better than Tribes 2...really? Torchlight is on there but Torchlight 2, which seems to have universally improved on the first title, is nowhere to be seen. Mass Effect 2 was a sweet game, but why is it so fucking high on the list? Better than Doom, Quake, Half-Life...what?!

i like PCGamer but some of these are strange picks.. CS:GO shouldnt be on the list at all IMO haha

I still play and enjoy the game dude so not just a bandwagon hard member. Try following the D3 thread every once in a while. Although I like it I'm still objective enough to know it should never have been on the all time list.....jeeezz

Wow, there's some HUGE games missing on this list.

No Gabriel Knight (one of the biggest adventure franchises of all time which had the unique distincition for each game in the series being in a different medium, the first one a classic 2d adventure game, the second one a FMV based adventure, then the 3rd one being a full 3d adventure).

No Ultima Online
No Everquest
No Asheron's Call
How the HELL are you going to have none of these first gen mmorpgs on a top 100 list? Seriously?

No Longest journey or Syberia (at a time when people said "Advneture games are dead both of these games proved them wrong, even coming to consoles and selling well).

No Alone in the Dark (grandfather of the Survival horror genre, even if it wasn't hte "first" one it's the survival horror game that put survival horror on the map, without it we'd likely have never saw Resident Evil or Silent Hill)

No Carmageddon? Interstate 76? These games basically started the whole "vehicle combat" genre. Yet both of them are missing.

To me this list seems like it's written by someone who was born in the 90's and never played PC games in the 80's-late 90's era and merely cherry picked some "popular old" games from a list and left out of a shit ton of very important games.

Their list seems designed to appease or appeal to "new PC gamers" who have known nearly nothing but consolized games that were ported over to PC than the other way around.

That list is very out of touch with reality.

They may as well have said "in no particular order" when they organized that list. It reads more like a list of the best games of the past 5 years than anything else.

With some of the games on there....where the heck is Duke Nukem Forever?!?!

/rage quits internet

It looks like they just got really high and started naming games people have heard of.

Good to see Freespace 2 on the list. Sucks that Carmageddon isn't on there.

If they put 'best 100 hyped game of all time' in the title, I can almost agree to the list.

Are ya'll being trolled? I didn't see a link in the original post. Not seeing Everquest or Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear is a dead give away to me as this not being real.

I really like Hi-Rez's games and I play a lot of Smite, but nonetheless, Tribes Ascend should not be on the list...

Their list seems designed to appease or appeal to "new PC gamers" who have known nearly nothing but consolized games that were ported over to PC than the other way around.

That list is very out of touch with reality.

They may as well have said "in no particular order" when they organized that list. It reads more like a list of the best games of the past 5 years than anything else.

What did you expect though? Honestly, no "best ever" list should include games within the past 5 years. It's similar to movies and Oscars where the "better" movies come out at the end of the year. Or at the very least, no games should be included that came out in the past 3 years.

But the problem is, if you ask gamers to name a popular PC game from the 1980s, or god forbid, the 1970s, how many can actually do that?

Really I think they just put a bunch of games in a hat , shook it around and started numbering them as they drew them from the hat.

They game Vampire a 77 and then included it on this list. :confused:
Edit: Guys it's ok. They gave Dungeon Siege III a 78.

Have you ever played V: tM Bloodlines in it's release state? It wasn't just a buggy game, it was broken in almost every possible way. It deserved the low scores it got. It wasn't until modders got their hands it that the game became playable and then really damn good.

You know, we're always bitching about these lists, yet we never make our own.

Why don't we, uh, do that?

It looks like they just got really high and started naming games people have heard of.

How high are you?

Far Cry... 2.

10-guy-how-high-are-you-yes.jpg

For my money, Morrowind + expansions was better than Oblivion and Skyrim combined, I have no idea why they would list Skyrim as #1 and expect that to be a legit list.

Heck out of their top 5, I would say that only Half Life 2 deserves to be in there.

Are ya'll being trolled? I didn't see a link in the original post. Not seeing Everquest or Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear is a dead give away to me as this not being real.

I can't 100% confirm list, the forum thread I read it in had pictures of the physical magazine and link to the full list on pastebin, but only a few pages were shown, not a full printout page by page. Looked legit, I'm no expert.

Back