2012: What PC Games Are You Looking Forward To This Year?

Hornet

Supreme [H]ardness
2011 saw the release of many highly anticipated games on PC platform. Some turned out to be successful while others less so. However it was overall an exciting year for PC gaming.

On to 2012, this year looks to be another exciting year for PC gaming with many big titles planned for a release in 2012 or have been pushed back to 2012. So what are some of the games you guys are looking forward to in 2012?

Mine would be the following:
CS:GO
DOTA 2
Diablo 3
Torchlight 2
RE: Operation Raccoon City

Also hoping that STALKER 2 will be on track.

What about you guys?
;)

I'm sort of looking forward to STALKER 2, but given it is going multiplatform and the drama surrounding GSC at the moment, I don't have high hopes :(.

I'm also kinda pumped for Mass Effect 3.

Honestly nothing I can't think of a game I got excited about in the last 2 years that hasn't disappointed me. I know I'm not the only one here. It's getting fucking depressing. I will buy CS:GO but Gabe has made it clear it's just an update to 1.6. For me it's like buying new shoes. go pay, put on shoes, move on.

I don't know how anybody is excited for the next triple A bullshit title. I'm excited to see another indie developer make EA, UBI, ACT, BLI and the rest look like the fucking retards they are though god knows it won't show in the gamer awards.

I used to get excited about new games until I took too many shitty titles in the knee.

/rant

(ok portal 2 you get a pass. I didn't get hyped, but I did want to play you.)

Diablo 3
SC2 expansion
Torchlight 2
Borderlands 2

HL3/EP3 Ya I know wishful thinking.

Darkness 2
Borderlands 2
Mass Effect 3
Syndicate (maybe)
Street Fighter X Tekken
Max Payne 3
Dirt Showdown
Diablo 3
Bioshock infinite
Assassin's Creed (2012 version lol)
Metro Last Light
Doom 4
SC2 - Part 2
Prey 2
MGS Rising / Revengeance (whatever)
GTA V

Also this list might help people make up their minds.

Diablo 3
Border Lands 2

I could see BF3, Skyrim, D3 can keeping me busy for most of the year. Especially when you factor in some of the great indie titles that come out each year(Terraria and Dungeons of Dredmor).

Risen 2
Diablo 3
Legend of Grimrock
Thief 4
Dishonored
Wheel of Time (??)
Age of Decadence
Half Life 3
Borderlands 2

1) Mass Effect 3 (I really hope EA doesn't force me to resort to drastic measures to be able to play this without Origin -- that shit is not going to fly on a singleplayer game)
2) Borderlands 2
3) Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2

Sadly nothing at this point after looking at the list.

I found the Diablo 3 beta boring and forgot I even had access and didn't even bother playing to the end.

Got tired of waiting for Torchlight 2 so that will be a pass for me. Loved TL but can't play it vanilla anymore and most of the mods I used were abandoned.

Never got into Borderlands.

Toying with Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, but my gut says it will be a console port.

Mechwarrior!!! ...... That's about it actually, maybe the up coming mods for red orchestra

I'm getting Battlefield 3 when I get my xfire 7970's but for 2012 launch titles the only thing I can think about would be Diablo 3.

I've been looking forward for a strong new MMO next year, so my two would be:

The Secret World
Guild Wars 2

Hopefully one or both doesn't disappoint.

Mass Effect 3 Fall of Earth
Grim Dawn (this is from the same guys that did Titan Quest)
Mechwarrior
Darksiders 2
Torchlight 2
Syndicate (cant wait for this one reminds me of Deus Ex)
Diablo 3
Bioshock infinite
Metro Last Light
Starcraft 2 Heart Of The Swarm
NBA 2K13

;):D:)

Darksiders 2

Ummm, honestly can't think of anything else. There's a few games I think could be interesting, but they fall in genres that I don't really care about.

lots of sequels - the next installments of the following: diablo bioshock borderlands

i want to see an original mario metroid or zelda [either on the wii u or 3ds]

hope i finally get to see the sequel to beyond good and evil [loved that game!]

i'm also hoping 2012 has a few surprises - give me a kickass original ip - modern warfare 10 is fine and dandy but i'm up for something i haven't seen before

I'm not hyped about any game anymore. lesson learned this year : "The biggest the marketing is, the worst the game is" (ok, well bf3 is good)

Metro last light will hopefully be as good as its predecessor.
Half-Life 3 ?
Mass effect 3
Syndicate
Postal 3 :D
GTA 5

Appart from that, the year in pc gaming look really amorph for me, too bad, ill keep playing Fligh simulator X then.

If Doom 4 makes it out in 2012, then Doom 4! Other than the new Metro, Diablo 3, Serious Sam Next Encounter *crosses fingers*, and maybe Aliens Colonial Marines, none of the other announced titles have me excited. I'm sure there will be more game announcements in the upcoming months.

Max Payne 3 for nostalgia value but absolutely nothing else PC related comes to mind.

GTA 5 maybe, but that won't launch on PC.

Quite depressing really. Just have to clear my old Steam library in 2012.

I want to get excited for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive but it's basically a console port of the game...but I still love TF2 even though it started off with those intentions also...It could rock, who knows. But I do know it would be better in DX11, and I'm sure it will be DX9.0c so...it's sort of a let down. I bet it will be better than what I'm expecting. TF2's textures just look horrible to me these days, every source games textures are just in need of a serious overhaul. I love Valves gameplay but their graphics/textures are VERY outdated.

Doom 4 possibly, but they really need to get some people to help them with an EPIC DM mode/maps. AND a better story than Doom 3, AND artwork...god ID needs alot of improvement...Hell I would rather get a new Unreal Tournament style game than Doom 4 when I think about it. Quake 5 please, just forget Doom they haven't done that series justice since Ultimate Doom IMO. What was that like 95' or 96'!!

I don't even care about Diablo 3's release. And I loved and owned both Diablo 1 and 2.

Gonna be a year of playing Skrim and its mods. TF2 and CSGO when bored (not trying to puke when I look at their texture quality) ;) and oldschool RPG's on emulators I missed growing up. (Working Designs games mostly)

I would love to see a Forza 3/4 game on GFWL for PC, and hopefully a GRID 2 sometime this year from Codemasters.

I hope there's some sleeper titles in the works. Metro sequel will be good too.

Street Fighter x Tekken (but only a little bit)
Mechwarrior online (a lot :) )

Thats about it really. I'm sure theres other games but I can't think of them so I must not be to excited about them.

Diablo 3
Guild Wars 2
Kingdoms of Amalur: reckoning (Not sure if buying PC or PS3)
Torchlight 2 (maybe)
My giant backlog

However D3/SWTOR/GW2 will take up most of my time.

Diablo 3
SC2 HOTS
Guild Wars 2
Metro Last Light
Bioshock Infinite
Left4dead 3

mass effect 3
old republic

and man i really should finsh my ever growing back log god dam steam sales

Man, I'm still working my way through my 2011 games backlog which includes Skyrim, Deus Ex, BF3, Witcher 2 and Batman AC.

My most anticipated 2012 games:
Mass Effect 3
Diablo 3
Torchlight 2
Borderlands 2

No more... for the love of God... NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

MASS EFFECT 3!!!

Wetting my pants for this one. ME1 is the only game I went on a 9 hour binge with. Only got up to go to the bathrooom and debated that a couple times.

This will be the first game since Final Doom that I bought on day 1.

Prey 2 looks like it could be very good. A little bit Blade Runner-ish open-world/spaceport/galaxy setting, but only has the slightest tie to the original.

Prey 2 looks like it could be very good. A little bit Blade Runner-ish open-world/spaceport/galaxy setting, but only has the slightest tie to the original.

Prey 2 does look intriguing,though there doesn't seem to be a lot of info on it since it's initial announcement. After the disappointment that was Rage,my enthusiasm for DOOM 4 has waned considerably. Without a doubt,my biggest wish is that STALKER 2 does see the light of day.

Diablo 3
Metro LL
Stalker 2 (crosses fingers)
Mass Effect 3
Torchlight 2

Diablo 3
SC2: HotS

+ upgrading my rig so I can play BF3 maxxed out :D

Back