2011 Intel Retail Edge Holiday Deal LIVE

WaXmAn

2[H]4U
Deal specs are now LIVE!!!!

Includes:
2nd Gen Intel® Core™ i7-2700k desktop processor (.32 nm process technology)
Intel® Desktop Board DP67BG Extreme series
McAfee* All Access 2012
TrackMania 2: Canyon* (code for download)
Pricing:

Rock Legends: $224 USD
Rockstars: $239 USD
Members: $254 USD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Includes:
2nd Gen Intel® Core™ i7-2700k Desktop Processor (.32 nm process technology)
McAfee* All Access 2012
Pricing:

Rock Legends: $74 USD
Rockstars: $89 USD
Members: $104 USD

Last edited:
2700k for $104 for just being a member? Not bad ill have to get my buddy to try and sign up. He works at costco.

No SSD? Disappointing :(

Yeah no SSD which is weird, kind of a deflated Holiday Deal compared to the last one. I am kinda disappointed that there isn't a 3930k for a really good deal just like last year's i7 970 for $200. That was epic.

Still though $90 for a 2700k, that's a steal.

I'll order one of those CPUs for sure though I'd rather upgrade my monitor or add a 2nd GPU (and I soooo don't care about racing games).

I know people are going to ask so I'm just going to list the approved retail chains in case they missed it in the other thread.

Approved Retail Chains

Members must be employed at the time of all aspects of participation in the Program (or parts thereof) at a physical retail location or online sales/call center at an approved retail chain. Members at a Deactivated Retail Chain (see below) are not eligible. The list of Approved Retail Chain List is:

AARON'S
ABC WAREHOUSE
ABT ELECTRONICS
ACTIONLINK
ADORAMA
ALTEX ELECTRONICS
AMERICAN
APPLE RETAIL STORE
ASN DEPOT
B&H PHOTO VIDEO & PRO AUDIO
BCOM COMPUTER CENTRE
BEST BUY (CANADA)
BEST BUY (USA)
BJ'S WHOLESALE CLUB
BRANDSMART USA
BUY.COM
CANADA COMPUTERS
CDW
CENTRAL COMPUTERS
COMPUSA OUTLET STORES (TIGER OUTLET STORES)
COMPUTER STOP
CONN'S
COSTCO
DATAVISION
DELL EXPERIENCE CENTER
DIGILINK COMPUTERS
DIRECTRON
ELECTRONIC EXPRESS
FRY'S ELECTRONICS
FUTURE SHOP
GEEK SQUAD
HHGREGG
HSN
INSIGHT
INTREX
J&R MUSIC AND COMPUTER WORLD
KEHTRON COMPUTERS
LA CURACAO
LONDON DRUGS
MARKETSOURCE – HP
MARKETSTAR – HP
MARKETSTAR – SONY
MDG COMPUTERS CANADA
MEMORY EXPRESS
MICRO CENTER
MICROBYTES
MICROSOFT STORE
MILWAUKEE PC
MOSAIC – HP
.COM/NETLINK COMPUTER
NEBRASKA FURNITURE MART
NEXCOM
OFFICE DEPOT
OFFICEMAX
PC CONNECTION
PC LAPTOPS
PC MALL
PC VILLAGE
?PRIORITY COMPUTER SYSTEMS
RADIOSHACK
RCS COMPUTER EXPERIENCE
RENT-A-CENTER
SAM'S CLUB
SAMSUNG
SEARS
SONY FACTORY OUTLET
SONY
STAPLES
STAPLES BUSINESS DEPOT
SUPERIOR COMPUTERS
SUPERIOR PC SYSTEMS
TECH ADVANCED COMPUTERS
THE SOURCE
TIGER DIRECT CALL CENTER
TOSHIBA
WAL-MART (CANADA)
WAL-MART (USA)
662Me.jpg

They're asking $150 for the MoBo itself, which is stupid, but the 2700K a la carte is insane. Grats to you retail people.

Deal specs are now LIVE!!!!

Includes:
2nd Gen Intel® Core™ i7-2700k desktop processor (.32 nm process technology)
Intel® Desktop Board DP67BG Extreme series
McAfee* All Access 2012
Pricing:

Rock Legends: $224 USD
Rockstars: $239 USD
Members: $254 USD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Includes:
2nd Gen Intel® Core™ i7-2700k Desktop Processor (.32 nm process technology)
McAfee* All Access 2012
Pricing:

Rock Legends: $74 USD
Rockstars: $89 USD
Members: $104 USD

is that it?

Damn you minimum wage makers struggling to get by as you pay for your degrees to further your education and employement opportunities!

Oh man! I WANT that 2700K. :eek:

I wish I was eligible.

PM me. PLEASE...

So I have an i7 920 and I'm quite happy with this processor but I want a better motherboard for my SLI setup ( I have http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121391 and the two cards are touching with my EVGA x58 board ). Would upgrading to the 2700k and getting a new motherboard (I'm a Rockstar! :) ) be worth spending the money or should I just hold of for ivy bridge and get a new board then like I've been waiting to do?

This is the time of the year that I wish I still worked at Worst Buy.

Of course, Friday marks the END of that part of the year, and the start of when I celebrate that I no longer work at Worst Buy, but for these few days, of Retail Edge, I am sad every year.

The Qx6850 is long in the tooth, but I don't find myself "needing" a new puter.

That said, I find myself wanting one! 8P

So I have an i7 920 and I'm quite happy with this processor but I want a better motherboard for my SLI setup ( I have http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121391 and the two cards are touching with my EVGA x58 board ). Would upgrading to the 2700k and getting a new motherboard (I'm a Rockstar! :) ) be worth spending the money or should I just hold of for ivy bridge and get a new board then like I've been waiting to do?

Wait to spend $84? Come on.

anyone want to PM me about this? anyone? breaker breaker one nine

Dextar buy it! As someone who has build a couple 2600k systems, it is sooo worth it. And while your at it if ya wouldnt mind picking me up one it would be really really appreciated;)

Seriously pm me :)

Kind of dissapointed with this years stuff. I bought the 2600k Last Deal..Think I'll pass this one up unless I can find a friend that needs it.

Hitman, I NEED it! :D

My sig - I'm soooo close to having a new build.

I may have to run over to the Walmarts and pick me up a greeter girl and trade her a bowl of popcorn and an ice cream cone for one of these bundles.

Edit: Oh, and cake. They all like cake.

I'll admit, I'd totally jump on that $104 2700k if I worked somewhere eligible or knew someone local who was. Le sigh...

PM me! I am on the verge of pulling the trigger on my 1155 build and that i7 2700k would be AMAZING!

^

* Looks and your sig *

* Looks and my sig *

XdVeLoPeX doesn't need a 2700K! I do! LOL

Last edited:
I'm on a i7-920 OCed to 3.6GHz.

Should I snag this 2700k deal or wait for Ivy Bridge?

I'm on a i7-920 OCed to 3.6GHz.

Should I snag this 2700k deal or wait for Ivy Bridge?

Honestly it's like the US government's debt rating being downgraded from AAA to AA+, it's not a real loss, it's "varying degrees of excellence", and the Fed can print $$$ and the Treasury can roll over T-bills at will anytime so there's no real difference.

Apply this logic to your situation. If you will honestly need more power than SB Quad wait, but the real hit in price and power consumption will make it meaningless unless you're constantly encoding or doing other heavy lifting.

Well here is a big question, Ivy Bridge will be using the same 1155 socket correct? If that's the case then maybe buy a nicer mobo and just drop the ivy bridge chip in to it?

ok, I am an Apple Retail employee. How exactly do I access this to order?

Edit: Nevermind. Google is my friend.

Last edited:
Honestly it's like the US government's debt rating being downgraded from AAA to AA+, it's not a real loss, it's "varying degrees of excellence", and the Fed can print $$$ and the Treasury can roll over T-bills at will anytime so there's no real difference.

Apply this logic to your situation. If you will honestly need more power than SB Quad wait, but the real hit in price and power consumption will make it meaningless unless you're constantly encoding or doing other heavy lifting.

Ivy has other features like native USB3 and PCI-E Gen 3 no?

Ivy has other features like native USB3 and PCI-E Gen 3 no?

I totally forgot about this. D'oh!

Yes, current leaked slides say it will. PCIe 3.0 is only going to be beneficial if you're doing 5760 x 1080 or more, or if you'll be running future dual GPU cards, it'll allow to extract the last 10% of the performance in those cases.

USB 3.0 on the other hand, yeah that's big if you need more than the current 2-4 (8 on some premium boards) that 1155 has.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Intel-Ivy-Bridge-LGA-1155-CPU-maho-bay,14012.html

Well here is a big question, Ivy Bridge will be using the same 1155 socket correct? If that's the case then maybe buy a nicer mobo and just drop the ivy bridge chip in to it?

When Ivy is released, the Z77 boards will better utilize Intel's native SATA 3.0, PCIe 3.0 and Thunderbolt. Buying a expensive Z68 board now is a waste.
Just get the 2700K and a cheap Z68 for now, and then when it's time to sell you'll profit.

I wish I had a way to get my hands on one of these. :( If someone wants to work something out, PM away.

Back