2011 Intel Retail Edge Holiday Deal LIVE

Would I even notice a difference in my games going from a Core i7 920 to 2700k?

Damn you minimum wage makers struggling to get by as you pay for your degrees to further your education and employement opportunities!

Hmmm I was thinking more like "Damn you minimum wage makers who can look me in the eye and without missing a beat honestly tell me that the $70 HDMI cable will make a noticeable improvement in my picture"

When Ivy is released, the Z77 boards will better utilize Intel's native SATA 3.0, PCIe 3.0 and Thunderbolt. Buying a expensive Z68 board now is a waste.
Just get the 2700K and a cheap Z68 for now, and then when it's time to sell you'll profit.

I figure I have the 920 right now in an x58 board with 6gigs of corsair ram, so I'd have to buy the processor, a new board and new ram (which is cheap for more ram than I have) and I would hope I could sell that setup for the cost of a new board and ram. I'm just not sure what 1155 board to get for the 2700k that's not a crap board (and is a good board for SLI, I have two GTX460 cards that are pretty thick, I need a good space between the two PCI-E slots). :)

I used to love this program. It almost made working at Best Buy worth it. The C2D e6300 I got is still going strong in my parent's desktop. I was amazed how easily it I was able to get it to 3.0GHz. My current i7 860 came from this program as well.

I was really hoping that one of my younger siblings would get a holiday job somewhere that qualified but apparently not only did they not get a job, they never bothered to apply. Bah humbug.

screw his offer if you paying 75 or 100 i dont care im paying 200 maybe 250 depending on the BATCH # for a 2700k paypal ready PM

I may have to run over to the Walmarts and pick me up a greeter girl and trade her a bowl of popcorn and an ice cream cone for one of these bundles.

Edit: Oh, and cake. They all like cake.

Hey, don't knock those greeter girls... I saw a cute one while I was at the store today! She may have had a lazy eye, but she could wear an eyepatch and be your pirate maiden... :) :D

Is there a quantity limit for the purchases?

yes, one per category. If you purchase a CPU you cannot purchase the CPU/MB combo and vice-versa, if you buy a 120gb ssd, you cannot also buy the 160 (not that they're offering an SSD this time around, just 'splainin')

Can't wait until Nov 30th lol. I got a friend who works at BB to sign up. Finished all the quizzes and got to Rockstar.

Can we get the answers to everything?

Unfortunately they don't tell you the answers. So if you get 80%, which is a passing score, you won't know which one you got wrong.
But seriously though, the quizzes are too easy. I got over 40k chips and completed every quiz in four hours.

so you have to pass tests to be a member on top of working at the right retailer or is that just for the more advanced discounts?

When you sign up, you are a "roadie" with 750 Chips (how Intel calls points.. lol). You gotta do quizzes to get up to 10k to be a "producer", then you are eligible for the deals. But the quizzes are extremely easy, ranging from 3 to 5 multiple choices. They are pretty much all about Intel products/features.
Let me put it this way: If you are smart enough to be in [H], you are smart enough to pass all those quizzes within hours.

So 10k is producer, and 40k is Rockstar. That's when you get the i7 2700k for a crazy ass $89.
Oh and the quizzes have different values: 100 chips, 250, 500 and 1000.
So just do ten 1000 chips quizzes in 30 minutes to get the $104 price.

You have to get 100% on the first try to get the full 1000 chips in most cases. You will only get 500 if you get 80% on the quiz, and there is no way to get the 500 chip difference after that.

You need to fax a paystub within 90 days. You also need to do that every 90 days to keep your status (if you dont, you can still log in, but you wont be able to do anything). We faxed it at 3PM EST, and by night it was already verified. The actual deal starts at Nov 30, so you should still have time.

You have to get 100% on the first try to get the full 1000 chips in most cases. You will only get 500 if you get 80% on the quiz, and there is no way to get the 500 chip difference after that.

Never happened to me?...

i have an account that is verified with producer status but i dont see anywhere to buy the deal can anyone elaborate? i checked the big deal page and the store but nada as far as buying it goes.

Still nothing.. gah. I have this damn feeling if I go to bed that it will go live and I'll miss out on it!

Still nothing.. gah. I have this damn feeling if I go to bed that it will go live and I'll miss out on it!

There is no way everything will sell out within the first day lol, let alone first week. Maybe 3rd week in.

I've got friends in retail that have no intention of buying this, can they give me their logon etc? Whats the best way to work this?

I've got friends in retail that have no intention of buying this, can they give me their logon etc? Whats the best way to work this?

Once you ask, it will not work for you. But seriously, whatever "you" plan to do, just do it.

Says takes 6 weeks for shipping.. I hope not.

Nope, they say that just to cover their ass, that's why you want to be among the first to order, to increase you chance of early shipping.
But there's not a set date when they will ship out your stuff.

Once you ask, it will not work for you. But seriously, whatever "you" plan to do, just do it.

Nope, they say that just to cover their ass, that's why you want to be among the first to order, to increase you chance of early shipping.
But there's not a set date when they will ship out your stuff.

WTF are you talking about?

Asks me to verify employment information all the sudden now. Conveniently crashes and 404s every time I click then link too. :|

Back