200w for the R600 stock says Gibbo

Robin B

Limp Gawd
Well, there we have it.

Hi there

Our system had an Enermax 1000W PSU.

I have the ATI Tech/Fact sheet here so upto 200W is requirement at stock clocks with 2x6pin connectors.

If overclocking then you need 1x8pin and 1x6pin connected and then it consumes upto 225W.

I hope ATI don't bash me for stating this but I don't want misleading information such as that going around.

Fact is a decent quality 400-500W PSU will run of these cards fine if your running a Core 2 DUO system or Athlon X2 based system.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=9247744&postcount=18

I've been on that site since the release of the FX series from nVidia. Every release he has good info on the cards, what he says is either dead on or darn close to what really is. He doesn't jerk your chain around.

That's believable too, pretty nice :)

Ok I'll take your word for it. I don't frequent that forum. I was assuming if it was anything but air cooling he would have mentioned it. :)

To add some more so we can get some facts on the table and to stop all this Fuad shit.;)
From Gibbo.
Hi there

Also regarding this 100c nonsence.

This is making my blood boil now.

AMD/ATI let me tell these guys the real facts about this card because the utter crap on the internet is literally that, CRAP!

The card is quiet, in fact its more or less silent even after a good gaming session. It also stays in the 70c-80c under full load whilst overclocked and still remains quiet.

At stock speeds its generally around the 60c-70c mark and the heatsink does not burn to the touch like an 8800GTX or X1950 XTX, so the card can be handled even after a mad benchmarking session.

Well i did read a while back that the card clocked to 850 on air, so who knows.

And he has tested the card him self, so i belive him. And also think about that Fuad earns alot of money every time we click his adress, more rumors from him, more money.;)

Very. As in, hardly ever wrong.

really?! wow...

And he has tested the card him self, so i belive him. And also think about that Fuad earns alot of money every time we click his adress, more rumors from him, more money.;)

Good point. I've always known how crazy Fuad is, but you're right, now that it's his own site the more rumors, the more ad clicks, the more $$$.

Finally something positive to read about the 2900xt

When Gibbo first got the card for testing (there was a thread on the overclockers forums a couple of weeks back), the comments he was allowed to make were all positive. He's in business, but he also seems to look after his reputation as well, examples being that he has specifically told people not to buy the 8800 Ultra, the 8600 GTS (recommending the 1950Pro as superior). If he feels like a product is a turkey, he simply doesn't stock it (or at least not in numbers). This is the impression I get from lurking in their forums for the last year.

I've always known how crazy Fuad is, but you're right, now that it's his own site the more rumors, the more ad clicks, the more $$$.

Mmm, we need to organise a boycott Fudzilla.....but that wouldn't be as fun as having him there spouting shit so....

When Gibbo first got the card for testing (there was a thread on the overclockers forums a couple of weeks back), the comments he was allowed to make were all positive. He's in business, but he also seems to look after his reputation as well, examples being that he has specifically told people not to buy the 8800 Ultra, the 8600 GTS (recommending the 1950Pro as superior). If he feels like a product is a turkey, he simply doesn't stock it (or at least not in numbers). This is the impression I get from lurking in their forums for the last year.

You said right there: "the comments he was allowed to make were all positive".
No one under NDA would even be allowed to comment on anything, but he was "allowed" to make the positive ones. I'm not saying they are false, but they are not true either. What he said and what everyone said until now, is nothing but a rumor. We sure can talk about it, but they are not facts, until proven otherwise. Just like any other rumor thread around here.
But the fact that he was "allowed" to say something, just makes me wonder...

You said right there: "the comments he was allowed to make were all positive".
No one under NDA would even be allowed to comment on anything, but he was "allowed" to make the positive ones. I'm not saying they are false, but they are not true either. What he said and what everyone said until now, is nothing but a rumor. We sure can talk about it, but they are not facts, until proven otherwise. Just like any other rumor thread around here.

Good point. However at beyond3d and other places we have simular cases where people that have been very very accurate with past GPU info before that GPU was launched have also echo'd simular statements. So while they don't make it TRUE, it instresting to note.

You are misreading my intent. For "allowed to say", please read that as "what he felt he was permitted to say under NDA without getting stuffed by AMD/ATI", rather than "he's part of a conspiracy and was allowed to leak only information that showed the card in a good light"

I took deliberate steps to qualify my comment about him making positive remarks by pointing out that he's not afraid to tell people to steer clear of crap products, suggesting that if the card he was testing was in fact rubbish, he'd have been a lot more noncommittal.

Good point. However at beyond3d and other places we have simular cases where people that have been very very accurate with past GPU info before that GPU was launched have also echo'd simular statements. So while they don't make it TRUE, it instresting to note.

No doubt. I've been a vigorous supporter of rumor discussion. Sometimes it gets tiresome to discuss the same thing over and over again, but when there's nothing official, all we have are, no more no less, the rumors. So, following this reasoning, what Gibbo said, is obviously interesting to note and part of the rumor mill.

You are misreading my intent. For "allowed to say", please read that as "what he felt he was permitted to say under NDA without getting stuffed by AMD/ATI", rather than "he's part of a conspiracy and was allowed to leak only information that showed the card in a good light"

I took deliberate steps to qualify my comment about him making positive remarks by pointing out that he's not afraid to tell people to steer clear of crap products, suggesting that if the card he was testing was in fact rubbish, he'd have been a lot more noncommittal.

I see, but even with your rectification, let me ask you this: If Gibbo is a reputable source of information and follows NDA strickly, would he break it, even in the slightest way (as he did here), to give some bad news about R600 ? I don't think so.
If he did, he would probably get "stuffed" by AMD/ATI and the next time they release something, he would be left out and I don't believe he wants that.

It's all a big conflict of interests. If someone says it's bad, it's because they are working for the other side. If someone says it's good, then they just want to look good, in the eyes of the ones releasing the product.

I just wished everyone could understand that rumor threads, as I've said in other posts, are NOT facts. Is it a rumor from the (in)famous Inq or Fuad or is it from Gibbo or someone else under NDA. It's just that, a rumor. Since this is a forum, we will discuss it, but in NO way, we discuss the truth. Just our opinion of it. It may or may not be confirmed, but that is irrelevant, since, again, this is a rumor thread. And yes, by this I mean we don't need the "I told you so" guys. Just like we don't need the fanboys :)

Mmm, we need to organise a boycott Fudzilla.....but that wouldn't be as fun as having him there spouting shit so....

I'm already actively boycotting him. Fudzilla and his ip address are blocked by my router. Alternately you can block his site from within IE or if you use Firefox (like I do) and don't have a router, edit your HOSTS file to block that sneaky douche bag. I refuse to give him any money or support his trash talk.

Back