200mm LED fan - where to get

TeleFragger

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok so I saw the antec 1200 and dig the blue LED fan up top.
I have an antec 900 and would like to swap mine out. Where does one get a fan for the antec with blue led lights?

antec 900 = 200mm fan.....

Thanks
Jeff

try looking for spare parts on antec's website. if you can't find it, try emailing them to see if you could get a replacement 200mm fan for the 1200 series.

try looking for spare parts on antec's website. if you can't find it, try emailing them to see if you could get a replacement 200mm fan for the 1200 series.

yeah I checked their spare parts and also emailed them telling them my antec 1200 fan died and I need a pn so I can buy a new one...

thanks man... :D

no worries :)

edit: it's also possible to drill in holes for your own LEDs, if you've got a dremel and soldering iron. it could save you a few bucks if you already have the tools. if i decide to light my 200mm fan, that's probably what i'll do (since i'm using green and yellow/amber LEDs).

^ that is strange... i've seen both 250mm and 220mm fans on performance-pcs and frozencpu, so it might be either one of the models i've seen elsewhere. in either regard, it's moot because this isn't for a side fan, it's for a top fan on the antec 900, which fits a 200mm exactly. it'd take some modding (and probably look ugly) to fit anything larger on there.

^ that is strange... i've seen both 250mm and 220mm fans on performance-pcs and frozencpu, so it might be either one of the models i've seen elsewhere. in either regard, it's moot because this isn't for a side fan, it's for a top fan on the antec 900, which fits a 200mm exactly. it'd take some modding (and probably look ugly) to fit anything larger on there.

oh sorry, I mis-read that then. I thought he was just wanting a big fan.

I'll start off with the simple mods that you can do. You can add a 120mm LED fan to the side panel of the 900. Also, eventually, the drive cages for the 1200 may be available separately, and they fit into 900 cases. The advantages of the 1200 drive cages are the dust filters and the rotary knob on the front that allows fine speed adjustment of the fan. I also like to move the cages up in the 900 by one slot so there is an empty space under the lowermost cage if the power supply is not modular. That makes a convenient place to easily tuck away extra cabling.

We have the Big Boy Fan for sale separately, but not the LED version that's in the 1200. I am not currently aware of any plans to sell the LED version separately from the 1200 case. Also, the 1200 fan does not have a regular dangling speed switch like the Big Boy Fan in the 900. The fan speed switches for the top and rear fans on the 1200 case are designed to be attached to the outside of the case for easy adjustment. That's another of the many enhancements that make the 1200 so astounding.

I'll start off with the simple mods that you can do. You can add a 120mm LED fan to the side panel of the 900. Also, eventually, the drive cages for the 1200 may be available separately, and they fit into 900 cases. The advantages of the 1200 drive cages are the dust filters and the rotary knob on the front that allows fine speed adjustment of the fan. I also like to move the cages up in the 900 by one slot so there is an empty space under the lowermost cage if the power supply is not modular. That makes a convenient place to easily tuck away extra cabling.

We have the Big Boy Fan for sale separately, but not the LED version that's in the 1200. I am not currently aware of any plans to sell the LED version separately from the 1200 case. Also, the 1200 fan does not have a regular dangling speed switch like the Big Boy Fan in the 900. The fan speed switches for the top and rear fans on the 1200 case are designed to be attached to the outside of the case for easy adjustment. That's another of the many enhancements that make the 1200 so astounding.

Thanks for the reply!!!! and with that name ==> I can believe ya :D

however I cannot add a fan on the side of the case, actually I had to remove the plastic off the side and only leave the mesh... that is due to the SLI video card. One of the fan plastic tabs hits the card so had to remove it.... :mad:

Drive cage filters would be nice.. my Antec P180 is nice with that.. nice feature... :cool:

as for moving up the fans... no need... corsair 620 modular p/s so no need to tuck cables away!!!!!

for the non standard fans in the 1200... that is ok... where there is a pair of plyers, soldering iron, solder, and a strong will.... we can always make a fan fit :D

I have been thinking of just picking up a 220mm fan and making it work... that is what I will most likely do then...

~Jeff

Thanks for the reply!!!! and with that name ==> I can believe ya :D

however I cannot add a fan on the side of the case, actually I had to remove the plastic off the side and only leave the mesh... that is due to the SLI video card. One of the fan plastic tabs hits the card so had to remove it.... :mad:

Drive cage filters would be nice.. my Antec P180 is nice with that.. nice feature... :cool:

as for moving up the fans... no need... corsair 620 modular p/s so no need to tuck cables away!!!!!

for the non standard fans in the 1200... that is ok... where there is a pair of plyers, soldering iron, solder, and a strong will.... we can always make a fan fit :D

I have been thinking of just picking up a 220mm fan and making it work... that is what I will most likely do then...

~Jeff

wow many years later and I turned the case into a server 2019 with stablebit drive pool running 10gb...
ive got to get that top fan replaced and one of the front spins slow then ramps up and then goes slow... hah..

Back