2008 White MacBook with 240GB SanDisk Extreme SSD Slow Read/Write

I just installed a SanDisk Extreme 240 in my 2008 White Macbook and I know that I'm limited to SATA II speeds so I won't be seeing ~500R/W speeds like people report. However, I have done some benching and I'm only getting ~120MB R/W speeds and I feel that's really slow. I don't know if it's because I just installed it yesterday and it needs some warming up or what but I am a little worried. Does this sound weird to anyone else?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Sounds like what I get on my 2008 MBP, but it still works plenty fast for me. I'm limited to 1.5 Gbps, so I don't expect anything over 180 MB/s. Also remember to download Trim Enabler.

Sounds like what I get on my 2008 MBP, but it still works plenty fast for me. I'm limited to 1.5 Gbps, so I don't expect anything over 180 MB/s. Also remember to download Trim Enabler.

What do you use to test it? I hear that writing just 0's shows higher numbers than random data? How do i differentiate between the two?

what is the OS in there, as also try to do update, i know that older OS (leopard and earlier) doesn't have native SSD support so you've to get additional plug ins and stuff to work it at it's best.

Its a sata 2 connection not sata 3, you're probably saturating the bandwidth. 150 is actually fairly strong for an older chipset.

It's actually only a SATA I connection. Link and Negotiated Link Speed are both 1.5Gb/s. I am on Snow Leopard and have done the "hack" to get trim enabled. I really wish I had a SATA III computer around to try and test its full potential.

Back