2003 to reconize as XP?

anths

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, I have a server that I have my Server 2003 eval. copy on and its awesome except with one thing. My printer only has drivers for 98/2000/XP and WILL NOT install on anything but those operating systems. Can I get 2003 to appear as XP when the install program is doing it's diagnostics search? I tried googling this but I didn't get anything remotely close to what I wanted!

I'm not sure about that, those OS-specific things are pretty set in their ways. Try extracting all the drivers to a folder then using the hardware manager to do it manually?

Does Server 2K3 have the compatiblity enforcer like XP does? I don't remember.

You should be able to right-click on the setup file for you printer drivers and choose compatibility mode for win2k etc.

On a win2k cd, there is a win2k compatibility enforcer program that may work on 2003.

You can also change Server 2K3 to id as XP with a utility.

You can find it by googling for

server 2003; activation
server 2003; product keys
server 2003; fruity pebbles, pops., frosted flakes ;)
server 2003; cd-keys

Things like that. The tool is actually meant for something else and may help, but the tool is probably not necessary.

What printer do you have?

I have an HP 2410. Its a good printer, very clear and quick. I'd actually recommend it to anyone who needs a decently cheap printer with a card reader built in ($239 at costco feb 1-7???).

Back