20% off Samsung 840's including Pro's

Amazon is shipping fantastic if you have Prime, if you don't have Prime and you use free shipping on items over $25, they can take up to a week just to ship your order. Prime customers get priority, non-prime free shippers don't.

I've used non prime a lot and the shipping time frame is the same. Still ship it the same day if you place your order before cutoff.

OBVIOUSLY, ground shipping takes longer than 2nd day air. The only thing you will wait on is transit time. Not for them to ship it.

I have no idea. What I know is I ordered some text books for a college course, chose expidited shipping (the fist place I ordered my books from sent the wrong edition) and I was over a week into the course before I got it (roughly two weeks from clicking "place order" to it arriving at my door)

Happened to me too. But it wasn't directly by Amazon. Third party text book sellers take forever to ship. Some might even be shipping from over seas.

LOL, I was actually about to buy the drive and now I see the code has expired...I thought deal was suppose to be good until tonight?

EDIT NEW COUPON CODE "NEWEGGSSD15" for 15% off.

Last edited:
Whoa, where is this if you don't mind me asking? I wish there was a same day delivery here. There's an amazon warehouse 30 minutes away from me, hence free 2 day shipping is usually next day. Fine by me ;)

hmm.

Well, I live near Seattle, home of Amazon, so they probably try new things here first. The packages arrived in a compact car with a magnetized "Amazon fulfillment services" or something similar stuck to the side.

BB

I've used non prime a lot and the shipping time frame is the same. Still ship it the same day if you place your order before cutoff.

OBVIOUSLY, ground shipping takes longer than 2nd day air. The only thing you will wait on is transit time. Not for them to ship it.

I have Prime now, but back in the day I didn't and this was a pretty typical experience for me. All items were shipped and sold by Amazon. Maybe they have improved since.

3F0I4ti.gif

LOL, I was actually about to buy the drive and now I see the code has expired...I thought deal was suppose to be good until tonight?

EDIT NEW COUPON CODE "NEWEGGSSD15" for 15% off.

Meh, I suppose some people will be happy with that (it is better than nothing), but my price point is 200 dollars or bellow for the 256 840 Pro... before we had a higher discount, and a 10 instant rebate... if they still had the rebate OR the higher discount I'd bite. But as it is, I'm just going to add a price watch for it on Amazon.

As far as the white knighting for Newegg goes, go suck rocks. Newegg is not the awesome company it once was, and my experiences with them in general have been going down hill, to say nothing of their bullshit promotions. Or the shit they pulled with the commissions on [H].

As far as their promotions go, it's very common for them to "run out of funding" or "run out of stock" for their promotions, only to magically have more stock once the promotion expires. And as far as running out of funds, this is a common enough occurrence that Newegg should know how much funding to allocate for a promotion like this. They have had 12 (or 6, or even 4) hour promotions in the past, and that is fine as long they are announced as a 12 hour promotion.

Newegg's recent promotions reek of bait and switch, designed to get you on their website (the purpose of any sale, of course), and then to buy the same item at a higher price because the funding ran out.

Newegg's success is the result of strong positive word of mouth in the past, and if they want to treat their customers like this then they can lose it the same way. I had no problem talking up my positive experiences with Newegg in the past, and I have qualms doing the same with my negative experiences right now.

As far as the white knighting for Newegg goes, go suck rocks. Newegg is not the awesome company it once was, and my experiences with them in general have been going down hill, to say nothing of their bullshit promotions. Or the shit they pulled with the commissions on [H].

As far as their promotions go, it's very common for them to "run out of funding" or "run out of stock" for their promotions, only to magically have more stock once the promotion expires. And as far as running out of funds, this is a common enough occurrence that Newegg should know how much funding to allocate for a promotion like this. They have had 12 (or 6, or even 4) hour promotions in the past, and that is fine as long they are announced as a 12 hour promotion.

Newegg's recent promotions reek of bait and switch, designed to get you on their website (the purpose of any sale, of course), and then to buy the same item at a higher price because the funding ran out.

1. The more you use "shit" and "fuck" in your argument, the quicker you lose credibility. Just trying to help you out in the "real world"...
2. You people just don't seem to have much business experience. Newegg receives $$ allocations for the promotions. Just because they run out of promotion $$, doesn't mean they run out of inventory. They may have 1,000,000 Samsung 840's in stock (exaggeration), and they run out of promotion $$, so they stop the promotion, but then they can still sell the goods at the regular price right afterwards. What don't you understand about that?
3. You seem angry. Chill out. Don't become a Ted Kaczynski. Or an angry Republican. You need some of the green! And I am not talking about money.

He is right though. Newegg's CS and shipping and have taken a huge nosedive in the last 5 years. I used to spend 10k a year there and it has been upwards of 5 years since I purchased a large ticket item from them.

Amazon is generally cheaper, if not they will PM, shipping is leaps and bounds better, packaging is significantly better, and the customer service blows Newegg out of the water. There is literally zero reason for me to shop there anymore and I know many of my friends and associates have stopped shopping them as well. Newegg is a former shell of what it once was.

He is right though. Newegg's CS and shipping and have taken a huge nosedive in the last 5 years. I used to spend 10k a year there and it has been upwards of 5 years since I purchased a large ticket item from them.

Amazon is generally cheaper, if not they will PM, shipping is leaps and bounds better, packaging is significantly better, and the customer service blows Newegg out of the water. There is literally zero reason for me to shop there anymore and I know many of my friends and associates have stopped shopping them as well. Newegg is a former shell of what it once was.

Exactly my thoughts. I choose free 2 day shipping with amazon and nearly always get my stuff the next day, and their return policy is always no hassle, no questions, and they pay for return shipping for defective items. The last time I bought a monitor from newegg with a dead pixel they wouldn't take it back, and I was within the 30 day window. They forced me to go through the manufacturer (benq). Amazon.com would *never* do this. They would accept the return AND have UPS pick it up at no cost.

I used to spend thousands at newegg, no more. Amazon.com simply outclasses them in every way imaginable - newegg may have better selection at times but amazon.com stocks 80-90% of what newegg has. If amazon.com sells it (and not a marketplace seller) you are good to go, and will get it fast.

Newegg is pretty much 2005 in my book. They were great years ago. Now? They've failed to maintain pace with amazon in my mind. Amazon's CS alone is a million times better. I still buy from newegg now and then but if both amazon.com and newegg has the same item, I can tell you newegg will not get the business.

Last edited:
2007? You think?

That doesn't change the fact that it happened. I've had Prime since so I don't have newer data.

Also as far as Amazon's return policy goes, it is good, but if you have too many returns for whatever reason expect to get emails threatening to close your account. I've had this happen to me after trying to get in on a great deal on Video Cards. Ordered 2 and they got cancelled, but my account still got flagged by their system. So I got the too many returns warning email.

That doesn't change the fact that it happened. I've had Prime since so I don't have newer data.

Also as far as Amazon's return policy goes, it is good, but if you have too many returns for whatever reason expect to get emails threatening to close your account. I've had this happen to me after trying to get in on a great deal on Video Cards. Ordered 2 and they got cancelled, but my account still got flagged by their system. So I got the too many returns warning email.

Amazon will generally threaten to close your account for fraudulent activity, not sure what happened there. Anyway, using 2007 as any type of proof is pretty ridiculous IMHO. Internet retailers were in infancy then and were still improving services + logistics. That is simply not indicative of how amazon currently works, and they certainly are way better than newegg. Just IMO.

Last edited:
Amazon has the best cs in the business. That being said, I have never had trouble with newegg cs either. I recently bought a Zalman case from newegg only to have the rebate denied even though the scanned image of my rebate application on the 4myrebate website showed a copy of the upc I had submitted. I tried to resolve the issue with the rebate company and with zalman, and was unable to even get a response from either. I submitted a negative review of the case on newegg and they sent me a gift card for the rebate amount the same day without being asked. That is what good cs should be like.

I couldn't agree more, if the price is about the same I always choose Amazon.

1. The more you use "shit" and "fuck" in your argument, the quicker you lose credibility. Just trying to help you out in the "real world"...
2. You people just don't seem to have much business experience. Newegg receives $$ allocations for the promotions. Just because they run out of promotion $$, doesn't mean they run out of inventory. They may have 1,000,000 Samsung 840's in stock (exaggeration), and they run out of promotion $$, so they stop the promotion, but then they can still sell the goods at the regular price right afterwards. What don't you understand about that?

Straw man much? I don't have credibility because I wrote "bullshit"? I need your advice about "the real world" like I need another hole in my head, so save your condescension for your co-workers, I'm sure they really appreciate you telling them how to get ahead in life.

Newegg constantly seems to either run out of funding for their promotions OR suspiciously run out of stock, only to have the item suddenly back in stock after the promotion is finished. I'm not conflating either occurrence with the other, beyond the fact that they seem to occur too regularly with their promotions, and that Newegg should have the experience to plan accordingly. Oddly enough, many of the other larger e-retailers seem to be able to manage this. Instead, this sounds very close to the bait and switch scams that were (and I imagine still are) prevalent in the early days when Newegg was making it's name.

3. You seem angry. Chill out. Don't become a Ted Kaczynski. Or an angry Republican. You need some of the green! And I am not talking about money.

So now, because I am irritated by Newegg's shitty business tactics, you are comparing me to a terrorist? And your solution is to smoke weed? Really dude? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I think this deal is pretty much dead, and the discuss has been fully derailed. Maybe it's time for the mods to put this train wreck out to pasture, as it were

Or u made a mistake and trying to save face? It's ok, people here are the forgiving types and will only moderately troll you. ;-)

i just bought a 840PRO 512GB yesterday for $369. I don't know how old this thread is. I went to Frys which was $459, and then I price matched it to Amazon. The disk is sweet. Although... my 830 256GB series it is paired with is faster. I just installed a fresh bought windows 8.1 on the 840 yesterday, and the 830 is my storage is already over half full.

compare830and840.jpg

Last edited:
user error, your p67 is not sata 3

that signature is years old.. i run a P8Z77v-pro.

i just updated my signature. i can't remember exactly what video card i have right now, im at work.

Last edited:
after enabling "rapid" on my Samsung Magician software, my average reads went up 60MB. Now they are 360MB/s or so. so the Samsung has 100 MB/s more average read than your Corsair above. Which is more important than burst for sure.

sure. i just thought newer drives were significantly faster than mine, like two times or more, as it's somewhat old. nice to know it's not completely outclassed yet.

sure. i just thought newer drives were significantly faster than mine, like two times or more, as it's somewhat old. nice to know it's not completely outclassed yet.

i was disappointed in the fact that my 840 PRO wasnt any faster than my old 830, but still glad I got the deal on it. I also made sure my SATA cables are 6GB rated and also in the proper ports in my MB. The chipset controlled SATA3.

Back