20% Off Code for Amazon Rewards Visa Cardholders

PiERiT

2[H]4U
Saw this on SD and thought I'd post it here.

If you make a purchase on Amazon.com, and pay using an Amazon Rewards Visa, entering the code JUL20PER will give you 20% off (maximum of $20, single use). Once that's been used, you can use JUL10PER for 10% off (maximum of $10, single use). Items must be sold by Amazon and not by a 3rd party.

I pre-ordered GTA5 for $48 and bought a bunch of 3DS games.

Last edited:
awesome thanks, just got GTA 5 special edition for $35.

Just picked up a new chair mat for $20. Had $30 off for signing up for the rewards card + 20% off with this.

Hmm, I have an Amazon.com Visa card, guess it's not the same as a Rewards card, as it doesn't seem to be working for me

When does this expire?

No idea. The code implies it was for July, but it's still working.

Hmm, I have an Amazon.com Visa card, guess it's not the same as a Rewards card, as it doesn't seem to be working for me

Are you sure the item you're trying to buy is shipped and sold by Amazon and not by a 3rd party? If so, some categories may be excluded. Try it on a game or something.

Are you sure the item you're trying to buy is shipped and sold by Amazon and not by a 3rd party? If so, some categories may be excluded. Try it on a game or something.

Definitely Amazon selling it. Tried it on a Blu-Ray box set. I'll try a game.

Game: nope.

Yep, I have the wrong card. I have an Amazon.com Store Visa card, this is for the Rewards Visa card. *shrug*

Definitely Amazon selling it. Tried it on a Blu-Ray box set. I'll try a game.

Game: nope.

Yep, I have the wrong card. I have an Amazon.com Store Visa card, this is for the Rewards Visa card. *shrug*

That sucks. I didn't know they have multiple Visa cards.

If you don't mind a credit check, you can sign up for one. As CAxVIPER said, there's a $30 bonus for signing up, which makes this even sweeter.

Last edited:

If you don't mind a credit check, you can sign up for one. As CAxVIPER said, there's a $30 bonus for signing up, which makes this even sweeter.

I would consider it, but I just got this Store card less than a month ago, I'm still on my month trial of Prime, heh.

Now I wish I hadn't ordered a bajillion dollars in textbooks two weeks ago. Individual orders with the code would have saved a lot of money.

In for a copy of Rome 2, at least...

Does anyone know if there is an use per account limit?

Last edited:
Nice I just used this with the madden anniversary edition that comes with NFL Sunday ticket

Does anyone know if there is an use per account limit?

It is supposed to be 1 use per account but multiple orders using it on the same account have shipped out. I'm guessing it'll be fixed on Monday or removed completely.

Thanks, the code worked for me. I bought some new shoes and got some books for the wife.

Thanks OP, you just saved me $10. Had just bought a new chain for my bike for $50 about an hour ago. Cancelled and re ordered with this code. Worked great!

Looks like the 20% off code has been terminated (or has been for some people). The 10% still works - JUL10PER.

Looks like the 20% off code has been terminated (or has been for some people). The 10% still works - JUL10PER.

Good, that means I can quit ordering things. Final tally is GTA5 and 8 3DS games... I'll never find the time for them. :(

What a deal. Figures I've spent something like 200 bucks on various items under $100 the past few weeks, and now had to think long and hard about what to buy. Might as well stock up if the 20% code works repeatedly.

Good, that means I can quit ordering things. Final tally is GTA5 and 8 3DS games... I'll never find the time for them. :(

At least that isn't the 30+ orders some people at SD have made. :eek: I saved a total of $13.87 as I couldn't think of much that I wanted.

At least that isn't the 30+ orders some people at SD have made. :eek: I saved a total of $13.87 as I couldn't think of much that I wanted.

Oh believe me, I would have ordered more if I could have thought of more.

FYI: The 20% code still worked for me (Sunday at 10:15pm Central). I think maybe they limited it to single use??? I only had one thing to order and I'm too lazy to try something else.

An offer should pop up in your cart or elsewhere for $50 bonus gift card. You can also use it immediately, assuming the card approval is instant.

FYI: The 20% code still worked for me (Sunday at 10:15pm Central). I think maybe they limited it to single use??? I only had one thing to order and I'm too lazy to try something else.

Yeah, sounds like you're right that it is now limited to a single use as was originally intended. Keep in mind that after you use the 20% code, you can still save on a second order with the 10% code.

I buy stuff from amazon all the time, and I have prime, so I'm tempted to sign up for the Rewards card. Does anyone who has it think it's worth it? I had no idea it existed until I saw this thread. The points seem pretty low but if I'm buying stuff anyway then I may as well take advantage of it... That's my thoughts on it anyway.

Those who have it, is it worth getting in your opinion? I read some of the terms and the APR seems high, but I plan on paying off my balance each time so I'm not too worried about it.

I buy stuff from amazon all the time, and I have prime, so I'm tempted to sign up for the Rewards card. Does anyone who has it think it's worth it? I had no idea it existed until I saw this thread. The points seem pretty low but if I'm buying stuff anyway then I may as well take advantage of it... That's my thoughts on it anyway.

Those who have it, is it worth getting in your opinion? I read some of the terms and the APR seems high, but I plan on paying off my balance each time so I'm not too worried about it.

The Rewards Visa is 3x points on Amazon purchases and 2x points at gas stations, so I use it for those and pay it off every month.

Thanks for the feedback all! I use my current Visa rewards card through my bank for gas purchases usually so I'll have to compare and see which one offers more. I applied for the amazon one though for any Amazon purchases. Can't hurt my credit score as long as I pay it off so we'll see how I end up using them.

Thanks again!

The Amazon card is basically 3% cashback for future Amazon purchases when buying from Amazon, so that's good, but it's only 1% cashback for future Amazon purchases on other purchases. Something like Discover usually gives you 1% back in actual cash on everything, plus either a rotating 5% on various things, or 5% on one fixed thing like gas stations.

Depending on which Discover you have, you can max the 5% out pretty quickly for the month, such as a max of $5 or $10 cashback, so it's not like you can get 5% back on 1000s of gallons of gas every month.

Now I'm curious if the Amazon card has any monthly "amazonback" limits and will have to look that up.

Also, Discover has their ShopDiscover thing where if you order through their website you can get 5% cashback from lots of places like Walmart. I've never seen any cashback promotions for Amazon on Discover card.

The Amazon card is basically 3% cashback for future Amazon purchases when buying from Amazon,

You can also credit your Amazon visa (issued by Chase) for the cashback or get a check from Chase. You don't have to use the caskback on future Amazon purchases.

Now I'm curious if the Amazon card has any monthly "amazonback" limits and will have to look that up.

Not that I know of. I spend a shit ton of money on Amazon and have never hit the limit.

Back