$20 off $100 with Newegg Preferred Account

zmhaha

[H]ard|Gawd
Newegg - $20 off $100 w/ new Newegg Preferred Account
Offer expires July 31 2013. Valid only for New Newegg Preferred customer (New means: new signup, or first purchase)

http://promotions.newegg.com/Newegg/PA110708/index.html?SID=9RlYRPPHEeKy9-pEe-4nkgIrj9_K38e3_0_0_0&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=

I applied for Newegg Preferred about 3 months ago.I did not get any pulls on my credit report. They do not do monthly report credit unless you miss payments, same as billmelater. So you can't build credit from it. Newegg preferred is exactly the same as Billmelater but you can only use it on newegg ofcourse. The credit limit is very generous and I got $2000 on open. It also offers no payments + no interest for 6 months for purchases of $250 or higher, 12 months for $500 (pre-order purchases do not count towards to the $250 or $500).
The APR is high but it does not really matter because why would you do installments anyway when the stuff is so cheap? And when you buying something more than $250, you dont need to pay anything until the very last day of that 6 month period as long as you pay it in full by that day.
So when using Billmelater or Newegg Preferred or sorts of like this, DO NOT BUY STUFF YOU ARE NOT SURE YOU ARE ABLE TO PAY IT IN FULL ON TIME, otherwise, enjoy the juice, just not for you.

I wanted to take advantage of this promotion to pre-order Diablo 3 and GTA5 for PS3, both will be released in Sep. and costs $60 each at regular price.
Although Amazon has $10 off for PS3 D3 through July 27, I still get charged for tax for those.

So I called Newegg Preferred customer service and asked the following questions:
Q: I have had newegg preferred for a couple of months but have not yet made a purchase. Do I still get this $20 off $100?
A: Yes. As long as it is your first purchase, you are considered new customer.

Q: I want to order some pre-order items that won't become available until Sep., by which time this promotion has expired, and newegg does not charge for pre-order items until it is shipped. So if I do these preorders. do I still get the $20 off?
A: This situation might be a bit of tricky but ultimately yes. When you pre-order, you won't actually get charged until the items becomes available to ship but a pre-authorization on your account will be posted to our system. However whether this pre-authorization will be automatically fall under this promotion, I cannot say for sure. But, if you do not see your $20 credit back eventually, call us, we will credit it manually.

Q: Usually newegg promotions do not allow you to use multiple promotion codes on same items, so if I find some promotion code and use it, do I still get the $20 off?
A: Yes. Newegg Preferred is actually not exactly newegg. We are Web bank that backs the Newegg Preferred account. So whatever promotion you find on newegg.com is about newegg, and ours is ours.

Updates: I have seen people saying they did get hard pulls and some saying they did not when applying for Bill me later, which is the same as Newegg Preferred. In my case, I did not get the pull.

Last edited:
Eh isn't this their standard offer? Most credit lenders offer promotions for taking out a line of credit.

I do not think this offer goes on all the time but does come back on and off.
And I guess the answer they provided helped clear some concerns that people might have.

I wanted to take advantage of this promotion to pre-order Diablo 3 and GTA5 for PS3, both will be released in Sep. and costs $60 each at regular price.
Although Amazon has $10 off for PS3 D3 through July 27, I still get charged for tax for those.

First, do you work for newegg? This seems like an advertisement.
Second, $20 off for a credit line isn't a very good promotion. (i.e., not a [H]otDeal)
Third, save yourself $60 and skip Diablo 3.
:eek:

No I do not work for newegg! look at my profile and post history and heat... does it look like one, lol.

I just feel putting these details I know is a good idea to clear up some confusions other people might have just like I did because may of those infor you cant find anywhere unless you call them and ask.
Like for example, by "new" newegg preferred account, first purchases still counts new even though you have had the account for some time? Pre-order purchases still counts? can stack other promo code? (since the $20 credit is not like immediate off, it will be there in a month or so.)

As for the credit line, like I said they do not do any pulls and does not show up anything on your credit report. They dont do monthly reports unless you dont pay.
So it is perfectly good just use it once and leave it along forever, or even close it later, which dont do any impact on your credit history as well.
So you are saying this is not a good deal, and why?

Last edited:
Where did you get the info, that they don't do credit pulls (and billmelater for that matter)? That would seem to be too risky for them.

I have both. I'm pretty sure Newegg's Preferred Account falls under Bill Me Later, though you still need separate accounts. Never had a problem with either, though I'm pretty sure they check your credit before letting you come on board.

I got the info that they did not do credit pulls because I did not get it. And there are plenty of discussion online about this as well.
I think they do something called soft pull or soft inquiry, which really dont show up on your report. And there are people get rejected for the application. So a soft screening must be there. It would be foolish of them if they dont screen people at all.
It does bring more risk on them without hard credit pull, but I guess this is kinda explained by the high APR (26.99% for Newegg Preferred, 19.99% for BillMeLater), and thing the APR is the same for everyone get approved.

But again, it did not show up on my credit report at all and I have been monitoring my report constantly for at least half a year.

Last edited:
so if i buy a 780, i would get 120 off? 20 Per 100

Im in need of a GPU, would be killer

Last edited:
I've had newegg preferred for awhile now (2008 I think?) and I wish newegg would grace current customers with these promotions -- or any, for that matter.

When I signed up, I was only offered free rush processing (which I don't even think they offer anymore) and non interest for 6 months to a year. I admit, I got the preferred account mostly for the no interest but now that I have a stable job it's much, much less helpful.

I honestly can't remember the last purchase I made with it.

First, do you work for newegg? This seems like an advertisement.
Second, $20 off for a credit line isn't a very good promotion. (i.e., not a [H]otDeal)
Third, save yourself $60 and skip Diablo 3.
:eek:

i agree that large post on saving a mere $20 was long winded... and unless you like to really veg out by consistently doing the same shit over and over and over, skip diablo 3. but on point, i have a preferred account and if you are responsible (ie. pay off within the allotted time for no interest) and appreciate the breathing room that gives you it's actually quite nice.

I'm pretty sure Newegg's Preferred Account falls under Bill Me Later

Newegg's preferred account is powered by Bill Me Later... I guess that just means it uses the same scheme and the same financial institution for the credit line.

Back