20 of the Worst PC Setups

I will never understand some of these, when I moved into my new house, I needed a desk. $20 later on CL I had a nice glass+steel L shaped desk for all my crap.

So, that's what one turns into when one's basement is 3 stories down underground.

As always with these things, the ones with trash, and dirty dishes are gross.

Who among us - however - has never moved, and used a temporary setup to get by while setting up, or until buying new furniture?

Also, when you are first starting out in the world, it is easy to justify spending money on your rig first, and prioritizing stuff like furniture last. Furniture always seems to cost WAY more than it is worth. :p

I'm no longer in that position, but I was once there, and if not for free old furniture from my folks, my setups may have been as bad as some of these. (minus the disgusting dirty gross ones - of course)

Last edited:

Who among us - however - has never moved, and used a temporary setup to get buy while setting up, or until buying new furniture?

Also, when you are first starting out in the world, it is easy to justify spending money on your rig first, and prioritizing stuff like furniture last. Furniture always seems to cost WAY more than it is worth. :p

I'm no longer in that position, but I was once there, and if not for free old furniture from my folks, my setups may have been as bad as some of these. (minus the disgusting dirty gross ones - of course)

It always gets me when I see a $7,000 computer rig and a $68 Wal-Mart desk.

I wish I had taken pictures of my first setup after I moved away to college.

It was literally made of the cardboard boxes I had used to move my stuff in, and I didn't have any chairs yet so it was set up at the end of my bed, and could only be used while laying down.

The whole thing lasted for about 2 weeks before the boxes finally collapsed under the weight of the CRT (which then fell over onto my head while I was sleeping)

Who among us - however - has never moved, and used a temporary setup to get buy while setting up, or until buying new furniture?

I hear what you mean. I've never really had a decent furniture setup until 10 years ago, I just used folding tables but generally had at least decent chairs. I use a corner desk with two side desks in a cube like fashion. Spent around $1000 on desk setup from OfficeMax or Office Depot at the time. Just the basic prefab assemble the parts stuff but it's help up well except the glossy surfaces which how ware and tear easily. But if you're going to spend hours and hours in front of these devices, you might as well be comfortable.

Who among us - however - has never moved, and used a temporary setup to get by while setting up, or until buying new furniture?

Exactly what I was thinking, I swear I'm at the point these worse setup post are really just the majority/norm setup...I'm not taking photos of my space;)

Back