20 Of The Worst PC Setups

HardOCP News

[H] News
It's time once again for ThinkComputer's monthly Worst PC Setups feature. The picture below is my personal favorite. No cases for your new internet cafe? No problem, these jugs should do the trick!

That was a horrible feature. Yes, the jug cases were bad, but otherwise it was mostly "cramped, cluttered and or dirty spaces that contain a computer, or spaces built by people without the funds for 'proper' furniture"

I think I'm going to just make up a super-fake one of these, it seems to be what everyone else is doing. I'm sure I can dredge something pathetic enough out of my basement.

I think the jug one is cool, not bad.

The McNest picture left me speechless. There might be a bucket of crap in that room.

News Flash: peoples living environment is not as portrayed on TV.

When "The Fappening" happened, first I noticed the ( . ) ( . ) , but then I noticed that most of these celebrities had shit on the floor and shit on the counters. Most of see what we see is a false representation of others living conditions. What we see in printed media is false and when you go to someones house (if they have any social awareness) you see a false representation of their living conditions. What you see in those pictures is just simply how many people live on a daily basis.

The "McNest" one is really the outlier, that is a different level of existence then just making use of whatever you got lying around or even having <clean> clothes and items on the floor and counters.

I'm sure police and social workers could give you pictures (if they took pictures) of what truly horrendous living conditions are......I don't even want to know what they see on a regular basis.

The jug setup actually has the advantage of being sealed, so if done right airflow could be totally controlled and filtered.

The jug setup actually has the advantage of being sealed, so if done right airflow could be totally controlled and filtered.
Fill the jugs with mineral oil, pump it through some radiators on the outside. Wouldn't look as neat as using a fish tank but it would do the job.

I kind of like the jugs. Cheap and portable.

All the other ones... people go to Wally World and drop $30 on a desk already.

I will not even go to that page anymore. Complete waste of time and not even worth a front page posting about it here every month.

None of those hold a candle to what Firas posted back in 2010.
1279048961SpG8YxSTX6_1_2_l.jpg

Reactions: N4CR
like this
The jugs and the poor mans workstation is not that bad in my opinion.

I think something like stacking up jug pc's on a shelf would help save me room for all my old rigs. Although I have almost no need for these old computers anymore other than a just games or fiddling around.

Aw man, I have a pic from my moving/renovating/building a new PC phase that would hit top-10. I'll see if I can find it.

First off, I am going to say the same thing I always say when I see these. The term "Battlestation" is effing retarded.

Secondly, apart from the jug cafe, and the one littered with McDonald's trash, most of these just look like temporary setups during a move, or when repairing a computer, or a setup in transition.

My office setup is pretty nice, but go into my basement to my work benches, and I have one desk with like 7 old Dell monitors on it, not hooked up, and another workbench with 3 computers in various stages of completeness, and a monitor I temporary stood on top of a step-stool to raise it while I was working on a project.

Yea, does not compare to some:

18gfobapm0bphjpg.jpg

...and can you imagine being stuck in a crawlspace?

Untitled_1.jpg

I've had some insanely terrible setups and operated that way for quite a while. EG: Office water jug as a chair. Things are way better now, but I still picked my current desk up off the side of the road a few years ago.

Back