20 Of The Worst PC Setups

lol yep.
When checking if its a heat related issue somewhere...

I think last months was much worse......some of these are actually fine.

I had a computer like a decade ago that I fucked up connecting the power switch. It was super cramped and a pain in the ass to get it on the right pins, and I really wanted to use the machine so I just pulled the cable and used a screwdriver to start it for like 6 months.

Said machine also had a cooler so big that it blocked the case door. Years later I was going to give someone the mobo and the cooler's backplate had a sponge padding with adhesive that had effectively petrified over the years. Sawed through it with a steak knife.

A++

Yep, had to do this with my Pentium D setup years ago. Think we've all done it at one point or another.

Yeah, I can admit to having a box fan as a side cover for well over a year.

Why is there a pc setup in the bathroom? so you can surf the web while you're on the can? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What's wrong with that setup? That looks exactly like what I had to do to keep my Athlon 1.4Ghz cool.

Why is there a pc setup in the bathroom? so you can surf the web while you're on the can? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was amused by that one too.

From the looks of it though, it was really just someone who turned an extra bathroom they didn't need into a server room.

Looks real ghetto, but should work just fine unless something springs a leak :p

I think last months was much worse......some of these are actually fine.

I agree. For the most part these "worst pc setups" are just people trying to get by with what little space they have. And most of the time it works. The setups I have a problem with are the "gross slob" type: garbage everywhere; overflowing ashtrays; too much clutter; everything caked in dust.

LOL@fan blowing into the case. I just barely did that a week ago with an old laptop in order to keep it stable enough to shut down properly, so I could transplant the hard drive.

What's wrong with that setup? That looks exactly like what I had to do to keep my Athlon 1.4Ghz cool.

No kidding, I thought that was the venerable FOP 38 ( inch that is )

oh man back in the day I would run flexible duct from the wall ac outlet to my case intake and even run a water rad outside the house. Damn I was one bored mofo lol

I agree. For the most part these "worst pc setups" are just people trying to get by with what little space they have. And most of the time it works. The setups I have a problem with are the "gross slob" type: garbage everywhere; overflowing ashtrays; too much clutter; everything caked in dust.

They strike me as a combination of 'not alot of disposable income' and 'cramped space' I've been there before.. on both accounts.

oh man back in the day I would run flexible duct from the wall ac outlet to my case intake and even run a water rad outside the house. Damn I was one bored mofo lol

I've always thought this would be a neat way to cool everything down. It would be like going sub ambient (light) but without the problems associated with condensation. :p

I've never had an AC with a standard duct mount on the cold side though. In fact, I've never even seen anything like this. Could probably custom make one, but it would be a pain.

Back