$20 MasterCard gift card with $200 online purchase

10% back, that's better than the cash back I currently get using my MC.

I'm wondering if ordering from B&M's online sites works, such as Staples.com, Kohls.com, etc.

I got the Agility 3 240 from newegg and MC sent me an email saying I earned the $25 a week back. They don't care where you do it.

Will see if I can hit $200 on my Paypal Debit card.
Would have to read the fine print, but I'm pretty sure it's only for MC credit cards, not a debit card that carries the MC logo.

You don't really use a debit card online, do you? :eek:

Enrolled, but FUCK, I just spent 80 bucks yesterday and 30 today on my mastercard.

edit - if you pay with paypal, and use your cc, will thta still count?

What's to stop you from simply transferring money from your CC to paypal, geting the 20$ gc and not losing anything?

Last edited:
I know I do! Don't see anything wrong with it. If someone gets fraud on my account, I'll dispute it and have it back in a day or two.

Having to go through the hassle of getting your money back in 'a day or two' wouldn't even be necessary if one had used their credit card - because it doesn't deduct directly from a cash account. Also, debit cards don't earn cash back on purchases the way cc's with rewards programs do. Neither do they build credit. Ditching the debit card for the combination of an ATM card and credit card is an option that not many people take advantage of.

Light reading, for the lazy - http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/06/your-money/credit-and-debit-cards/primercards.html

debit cards = for people too irresponsible to not spend money they do NOT have

Also, nice deal. Thank you to the op.

There is no catch to this enrollement? This is my first time considering. If I have a mastercard and I click on apply with the card it won't damage my credit or anything like that?

My bank card is a mastercard... I use it for everything. I'll put $200 on it int he next month without even trying.

So can someone say, does this work if you simply transfer 200 from your CC to paypal?

For those wondering if you can use your Mastercard debit card (e.g. PayPal)

Thank you for your email and your interest in the Offer.

All credit and debit MasterCard cards (store- or bank-branded) are eligible for this Offer, provided they meet the balance of the criteria listed in the Terms & Conditions available at mastercard.com/holiday (i.e. card is in good standing, issued to an identifiable end user, etc.).

I use mine all the time. It's no different than using PayPal directly and you get the same customer support either way. Plus I get 1% cashback on top of all of my purchases using the debit card.

just enrolled and ordered corsair force gt 180gb, how long after the order they going to email to receive free $20 ?

Would have to read the fine print, but I'm pretty sure it's only for MC credit cards, not a debit card that carries the MC logo.

You don't really use a debit card online, do you? :eek:

You can use a debit card as a credit card to get cash back with the paypal debit cards.

i enrolled my CC, some kind of confirmation other than the "you're enrolled!" web page would be nice. did they send out confirmation emails? i haven't gotten one yet.

i enrolled my CC, some kind of confirmation other than the "you're enrolled!" web page would be nice. did they send out confirmation emails? i haven't gotten one yet.

I have not received one:confused:

ETA Sent MC a email asking about confirmation email after sign up... No confirmation email until after you spend the $200.

Last edited:
I signed up shortly after this was available, a couple of weeks ago. Spent $200 the same day, and about a week later received a notification to log in to the MC web site to confirm my address so they could send me my gift card. Haven't received it yet.

I signed up shortly after this was available, a couple of weeks ago. Spent $200 the same day, and about a week later received a notification to log in to the MC web site to confirm my address so they could send me my gift card. Haven't received it yet.

Same... spent my $200 three days ago, got an email this morning. Seems like they are pretty quick about it. Hopefully the card doesn't take long to arrive in the mail.

hmm not sure how this is going to work.. its only available to the first 80k$ people that qualify

* Starts 11/15/11. Ends 12/31/11 or while supplies last. Offline, PIN-based & international transactions ineligible. Gift Card quantities are limited to the first 80,000 eligible entrants & maximum 10,000 other gifts to next 10,000 eligible entrants.

Better charge that $200 quickly...

debit cards = for people too irresponsible to not spend money they do NOT have

Debit cards are cheaper for businesses to accept than credit cards. Whenever I buy gas, I do it with a debit card or cash- no need to help drive up gas prices...

Oh God, I just put $1000 on my MC, and I read the rules and it says they wouldn't do bonuses retroactively. Sucks. Any one talked to a rep see if you might convince them?

I just got a email confirming I spent $200 and will be receiving mine soon!

Only downside of this deal is possible spam..
By providing my email address, I agree to receive emails & information about the Here's to Mom program.

Do you have to spend $200 at once or can it be aggregate? I just spent like $150 yesterday night...

Do you have to spend $200 at once or can it be aggregate? I just spent like $150 yesterday night...

https://holiday.mastercard.com/support.php
After I enroll, what purchases on my MasterCard card qualify for an Offer Gift? How much do I have to spend to get an Offer Gift?
MasterCard card purchases made online during the Offer Period qualify toward the Offer Gift. Entrants must spend $200 or more to qualify – this $200 spend can be made within one or cumulative purchases online.

I already got an email saying I qualified, and I had to give address and info to receive the gift card. Thanks again OP.

Back