20 Best Female Video Game Characters, Ranked

I tried checking it out, but that page seems to give our Cisco Firepower too much work to do so it takes forever to load. So many ads... [H] works good though, so good job with your ad choices. No security threats :)

I'm kinda partial to my GTA Online female game character. I think the best ones are those we create.

3D859C7F8AF36AD28C0BA377BBFA2CDF512E699A

Now I'm just going to throw out a few names here,

Anna Grimsdottir - Splinter Cell
Juno Eclipse - The Force Unleashed
Madison Paige - Heavy Rain
Miranda Lawson - Mass Effect 2,3
Mona Sax - Max Payne 1,2

And if they're not on the list, then I'm not gonna like this list very much.

OK, I've checked, 1 out of 5, it's a shit list. Anway most of the characters I'm not even familiar with.
Shodan and Cortana technically are not even alive. Just because they have a female sounding voice doesn't mean they're female. I could add EVA from C&C, by that definition. If we really want machine I'd have went with Glados anyway. But that should be a separate list for AI characters. This is just wrong. Almost as if the creator of the list couldn't come up with 20 characters without including them.
And Chell from Portal? The character you don't even really see, ever, doesn't have a single line of text, no backstory, nothing. I can't get behind that.

Now I want to fire up my Dreamcast and play some old fighting games like Dead or Alive and Soul Calibur.

Mass Effect's Liara T'soni and Aria T'loak belong on that list.

My favorite female video game character ever is Xana from Dark Messiah.

No Sarah Kerrigan?!?!
No Ellie?!
No Carmen Sandiego?

Not as obvious as those, but I would have also included Syberia's Kate Walker.

I'm not sure I want to spend the time looking through this slideshow from the comments here.

I'd agree with the top two choices, not sure about the actual ranking - personally I prefer Chun Li over Lara Croft for various reasons. I did play several of the Tomb Raider games long ago but Chun Li, that's a whole different thing altogether. As a competitive Street Fighter player in the late 1980s through about 1998 or so that character was a mainstay for so many of us "in the game" and I distinctly remember a small handful of Chun Li players over the years that infuriated me to no end with their nearly perfect playing style with her.

The rest of 'em are basically irrelevant to me overall, I know most of them and the games they're related to but none of them were part of my so-called gaming career like Chun Li was and Lara Croft as a secondary one pretty far behind.

Just for the record: when I saw the thread title on the listing page my instant reaction was "Chun Li better be in first place, bastards..." :D

No Kerrigan is crazy.

Would have liked Elizabeth from Bioshock on there too.

Compare those personalities / strong women to some on that list, laughable.

Aside from April from The Longest Journey and Elena it's a disappointing list, it's more of a "the most famous" list heavily populated by console jrpgs/action games.

I would have at least had:
Kate Walker (Syberia)
Clementine (TWD)
Alys Brangwin (Phantasy Star IV)
Cate Archer (no one lives forever)
Alyx Vance (Half life 2)
Ellie (Last of Us)
Max (Life is Strange)..

The missing entries that came to mind for me were Max and/or Chloe, of Life is Strange, Alyx of HL2

I'm going to have to second that. The list is pretty disappointing, April Ryan not even making top 5 is already a slap in the face.
Stiller has a good list that covers most of what I'm baffled by.
To name another that I'm confused by not showing up...

- Nico Collard (Broken Sword games)

But why are we seeing:
Cortana
Joanna Dark
Chell
Shodan

Maybe Rayne and Mrs. Pacman are questionable even to me.

I'm kinda partial to my GTA Online female game character. I think the best ones are those we create.
(IMG)

I definitely would NOT hit it. Just look at those sharp knees. She is way below my standards.

Luna from Lunar: Silver Star Story for teaching me that the shy ones can easily be the most wild and for ushering in my early manhood.

Luna Dark Althena.jpg

off the top of my head I can think of Alyx from Half Life 2, Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite and maybe even Evie from Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Just 20 random characters or are they ranked?

They are supposed to be ranked I think but they never actually said how they were ranking them or why they are the best. Basically just a list of 20 females from games.

Back