$20 Amazon gift card for $10

delvryboy

2[H]4U
Has anyone received their code yet? Yesterday I got an email that said my code would be ready today. Today I got an email that said I'll receive an email tomorrow that will tell me how I can get my code.

WTF?

according to livingsocials twitter, they are going to be going out early afternoon, and with 1.3million sold that it will take a while.

no one on slickdeals has received a code yet eitehr, im monitoring the thread over there since its going to be the most active one about it.

Given the number of orders, I understand it might be a while to get my code. It's all good. Order is still pending.

On the flipside, a number of people who tried to game the system (multiple cards, multiple accounts, LS buck/referral shenanigans) are getting their orders cancelled.
Crapstorm incoming.

Given the number of orders, I understand it might be a while to get my code. It's all good. Order is still pending.

On the flipside, a number of people who tried to game the system (multiple cards, multiple accounts, LS buck/referral shenanigans) are getting their orders cancelled.
Crapstorm incoming.

yep. 40 cancelled for me :D. my initial purchase is still there though, no loss other than 30 mins of my time /shrug.

Heh.

Amazon.com Gift Card purchasers:

Thank you for making yesterday's deal such a success. We're hard at work processing each purchase. Thanks for your patience and you'll hear from us soon!

I had been thinking about doing the standard "Buy 4 with three referrals to yourself" thing, but ended up not bothering.

Anyone who actually had multiple go through figure out if they can be stacked on one amazon account yet?

Need to know if I should be feeling regret or not. :rolleyes:

This is going to end up as 1 gift card per Amazon account imo similar to what groupon does.

Just got mine .

I'm hearing that all the multi-orders were canceled and that all the clean-up was the reason why it took them this long to complete the deal and email the codes.

So what is this, a wannabe groupon? That site is not that great, I don't see what the big hocuspocus and hype is about. It's incredible how many people are working for this one, almost rinkydink website. And I wonder who footed the bill for that huge amazon gift card offer, it was all obviously to get more customers to their new site....

All these new copycat sites are like woot.com pretty much, just localized for one "meh" deal a day (99% of the time it sucks)

So what is this, a wannabe groupon? That site is not that great, I don't see what the big deal is.

All these new copycat sites are like woot.com pretty much, just localized for one "meh" deal a day (99% of the time it sucks)

yeah, but amazon just invested 175 mil in them and this was the big promotion the day after or w/e. Only reason it made the news.

I got my card and successfully applied it to my account, but I'm not sure if anyone else has gotten his.

I didn't get any email about my code being ready. Two of my four orders got canceled apparently, as they weren't in my account when I logged in. Oh well, I'm still satisfied. Forty dollars for the price of twenty.

So what is this, a wannabe groupon? That site is not that great, I don't see what the big hocuspocus and hype is about. It's incredible how many people are working for this one, almost rinkydink website. And I wonder who footed the bill for that huge amazon gift card offer, it was all obviously to get more customers to their new site....

No it's free money, someone shit in your dinner? :D:D:D:D:D

Haven't gotten an email, but I checked my account on the site and the code was waiting for me to apply it. So...applied!

Haven't gotten an email, but I checked my account on the site and the code was waiting for me to apply it. So...applied!

this, i just looked at my account and applied my card. i ordered 4 originally on the same account all were canceled but 1.

I bought 5. All but one was canceled. I didn't get any emails about any of them.

No it's free money, someone shit in your dinner? :D:D:D:D:D

Typical immature comment acting like he's mr. happy all the time.... shit in my dinner? Did I sound angry at all to you Captain Smiles?

And free money? Definitely, you must be immature and not getting what I meant. :D Oh shit, your name... Confirmed you're under 20 (I hope :D )

Got 2 of these. I was going to order some stuff off of Amazon this weekend so it worked out perfectly. Free $20 ftw.

Typical immature comment acting like he's mr. happy all the time.... shit in my dinner? Did I sound angry at all to you Captain Smiles?

And free money? Definitely, you must be immature and not getting what I meant. :D Oh shit, your name... Confirmed you're under 20 (I hope :D )

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Got my free $20 today finally after 3 referrals. I heard some people successfully purchased more than 1 and made some $$$ but most got canceled or only their original order.

got 1, another pending email...we'll see...

this site kind of sucks though, they're trying to tell me some pizza coupon or a crappy massage discount is worth a whole daily deal, lol

Actually yeah, you kind of did.

got my $20 Amazon card # e-mailed to me last night ... already used it got myself an Antec 300 case for $35 shippped after discounts :)

Actually yeah, you kind of did.

I just don't see how I was "mad", but sometimes people say this to me when I get talking about certain things I don't understnad... I was more like acting dumbfounded that a company that barely sells anything could have so many employees. Also, I was dumbfounded at who would pay $1million+ for 2 days worth of their site promotions.... just kind of a huge risk and iffy to me, which is why I am so dumbfounded at this new "groupon site" craze and hype. They talk about groupon a lot lately in the media, and the site sells ONE THING per day so its not like they even need more than 10 people to run a site like that (I think)

Got two of the three I ordered. Ordered one with my own debit card and another one with my credit card. The one I ordered with my credit card did not go through, but my roommate's credit card worked for me. I think they checked the names on the credit/debit cards and if there were any matches, they only let one go through. But still completely satisfied with $40 after paying $20. :D

[success] 1. Wife's card to my home address
[success] 2. My work card to my work address
[success] 3. My Mom's card to my parent's address
[success] 4. My Dad's card to my dad's work address
[success] 5. Referral card under my name
[success] 6. My 1st sister at her apartment
[failed] 7. My 2nd sister at the same apartment
[success] 8. My brother at his apartment
[failed] 9. My personal card at my home address

So i think Snittako is right. Also I don't think you can order 2 if they are going to the same address with the same last name (even though the first name is different 7 & 9)

Shiestin ass motherfuckers! hahaha, pretty slick I guess I would of done the same thing if I cared 2 craps about this deal :D

$10 x 5, not bad if you can quickly email/text your family or friends and ask if you can use their name/address. $50 bucks an hour, but you have to spend $50 NOW into amazon in the end, so that's the only crap part.

Back