20-24" 1920x1080 monitor with no input lag

xeefus

Limp Gawd
do they exist? I don't give a flying focaccia about colors really, since they all do well for gaming and movies for all I care. I'm going to be using it for quake live mostly, so it has to have no noticeable input delay.

if anyone have one + a CRT or a low input delay TFT and could do some comparisons... then please do so.

will be using it for Quake Live and fullHD movies

thanks in advance

Last edited:
ouch, it had to be an ugly monitor that had the best results...
well that is certainly acceptable input lag.

tough decision!
unless someone have any other monitor that actually looks okay... and does not have a built-in webcam :D

The Asus VK246H and the VW246H are basically the same monitor.

The only difference is that the VW model does not come with the builtin webcam and will sell for less. Therefore, the 1.6ms of input lag also applies to the VW model.

I bought the VK model back in Dec '08 'cause after a rebate and promo, it cost less than the VW model.

Last edited:
ah, neat. looks a lot more neutral without the webcam. I hope there are no other differences. it was about 40euro less. thanks!

sorry for bumping this thread but I ended up getting another monitor instead but I am in the hunt again for one at least 23" and fullHD resolution with as low input lag as possible

are there any new ones out there that are good enough?
cheers

bump! it does need to have DVI this one since I got a new gfx card too... I was hoping to buy it before the weekend ends, so any help would be appreciated

oh and it's IPS too.. interesting. but it might be a bit pricy. not what I was hoping to shell out really.. will keep looking but it's definitely looking interesting. love the IPS one I have already

Check out the Asus Ms246h review on TFT Central, it has very low input lag, is very responsive and can be found for around 200$.

The NEC has low input lag but isn't that responsive, I would look at the Dell U2311H review on TFT @central instead if you want an IPS panel for gaming.

that is one hideous looking monitor... + it's around $300 in Sweden :( well I'll consider it.

The U2311H is on a 250 euro campaign right now! really tempted to buy it. the 8ms doesn't make ghosting occur though?

thanks!

Check out the TFTcentral review of the Dell U2311 and all your questions will be awnsered.

Bad for FPS-gaming but almost no input lag...?
FPS gaming's worst enemy is input lag though.. but it does have ghosting then?

Bad for FPS-gaming but almost no input lag...?
FPS gaming's worst enemy is input lag though.. but it does have ghosting then?

I don't notice ghosting with it in normal FPS, only in games like UT2K4 with really high runspeed mods can I tell, and even then barely. It rates pretty high for the type of panel it is.

hmm that sounds alright

Can you or anyone who owns the monitor give me a really really picky run of Quake Live with com_maxfps set to 125?

try to get ghosting to occur etc and look for any sign of input lag.

thanks!

The input lag is actually very very good. I will try to work a Quake Live test into this weekends activities.

because usually the reviewers are not hardcore gamers, the input lag tests are done when not gaming which I'm not sure is a great idea.
I really don't wanna be disappointed with another monitor here

because usually the reviewers are not hardcore gamers, the input lag tests are done when not gaming which I'm not sure is a great idea.
I really don't wanna be disappointed with another monitor here

Using User/Customer Opinions as base for a purchase is never a good idea.

If Customer "A," has only ever owned LCD "X," and thinks it looks amazing, but LCD "X," is really a poor quality LCD when properly tested, how would you know that you could buy something better and what is actually good if you didn't read reviews?

The only way to properly test input lag is agaisnt a CRT. Once one has used a LCD with Low Input lag and one with High Input Lag can they form a proper opinion when trying to gauge input lag wihhtout measurement. Even then it's very subjective.

So I will post another review site which even has a pull down tab so you can compare Response Times/Contrast/Input Lag/Color, ect which is the info you wanted (all of which could have been learned by reading TFT centrals Review).

http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=36&ma2=88&mo2=752&p2=8953&ph=1

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2311h.htm

Sure I could have saved us all time and said Dell U2311H is very fast and has Low Input Lag, but I don't actually own one and only know this from reading reviews......

well what I was hoping for is that people at least could be able to see if there was a delay by being as picky as possible.
you can always hope there is a hardcore FPS-gamer on here who has the monitor!

well I've read reviews and I can't really pass on this monitor so I ordered it. IPS and low input lag is too good to be true.

thanks for the help really!

Back