20-22" WS lcd monitor for Xbox 360/Pc gaming-recommendations?

Diseaseboy

[H]ard|Gawd
What LCD WS monitor between 20-22" would you recommend for PC gaming and Xbox 360? I have done lots of searching but it got me more confused. I want a monitor that you can switch between analog and dvi easily. I do a lot of FPS games.

Thanks,

Scott

What kind of connection do you use for your xbox 360?

If it's RCA, you're going to have a pretty hard time finding a good monitor that has both d-sub and RCA composite connections.

There is a 22' Westinghouse monitor on newegg with composite inputs and DVI inputs. Pretty good price, and it seems to be the only 22 inch monitor on newegg with both DVI and RCA.

Here is the review for it since it doesn't have any reviews on newegg.

If it's within your budget, I'd suggest looking at 24" monitors, many have component video connections available, and they can display full resolution 1080p, something that no 22" I know of can do.

I have a Xbox 360 Elite with HDMI- I also already have a Xbox vga cable- I occasionally hook up my Xbox to my 19inch CRT monitor. I mostly game on my Xbox using a front projector but I'm afraid I'm going to burn up my bulb so I figured on spending $300 on a lcd monitor instead of a new bulb.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Scott

An lcd monitor with DVI and HDMI are more bountiful and are better quality at 24 inch, as mentioned above.

I did manage to find 1 very nice BenQ 22 inch monitor with both DVI and HDMI. I don't know how you would be able to switch between the 2, I suppose there is a button on the monitor that switches input? Here it is for 285 bucks.

go to gateway.com and get their 24 inch. it is on sale right now, and when you add the stackable coupon code that is right on the page for the monitor---it is only $450. its normally like $700. it has an S-PVA panel in it, which means some of the better black levels and viewing angles. it also has a built in DCDI Faroudja video processor which is pretty decent and cleans up lower quality signals. its a pretty excellent monitor, and at that price, is a steal. component, composite. s-video, VGA, DVI-D w/ HDCP.

really at that price its a no brainer. a 19-21 inch panel with an equal quality panel is gonna cost about the same and probably won't have the connections. while there are a few pretty great 22 inch monitors, none of them has anything better than a TN panel, which are the worst at blacklevels and viewing angles. I pretty much garuntee that the lacking shadow detail and black levels will bother you in games at some point. but if you must save a bit of money, I'd recommend either the samsung 22 that has all of the extra connections, or the gateway 22.

I used the gateway 22 for my PS3 for about 5 months, pretty happily. but I eventually purchased a display with a better panel in it (an HDTV with an Alpha-IPS panel : ) ) because I couldn't see what was happening in many parts of Uncharted: Drake's fortune---and had to crank up the brightness.

The 24 Gateway is a bit out of my pricerange, but the 22 is not. I'm having a hard time finding a review of the 22 with someone using an Xbox 360. So how was it with your PS3?

Thanks,

Scott

Back