20/22" LCD without speakers / 5 ms

johnrea77

Limp Gawd
My main criteria is a quality screen with at least 5ms response and don't bother with speakers. Other than full blown LCD TV's that have PC inputs, I have not heard one LCD monitor/speaker setup that has impressed me. That being the case I am leaning toward a thin bezel for aesthetics. A good price is a secondary concern, but I'm budgeting around $250-350.

I'm considering Acer, HP, Viewsonic, and Chimei. The other top runner is a LG L204WT that I have seen priced under $300.

Any thought? Remember - skip the speakers -

Does it have to be speaker-less?

By the way, you'd probably get more responses if this was in the Display form- it will probably get moved there soon anyway, not to worry. ;)

I would probably get the Samsung 206BW, although i'm not sure how much it costs in the US; most likely a lot cheaper than it is here in the UK.

I've owned a 22" Sceptre X-Gamer now for 3 months and it's the best LCD I've ever owned. Didn't come with any dead/stuck pixels. It has an amazing 1200:1 contrast ratio and 5 ms. For the price range you stated I seriously don't think you can find a better LCD than this one. In fact the wife was so impressed with it that I had to end up buying her one too.

I mainly play Oblivion on it and let me tell you that you haven't experienced Oblivion until you play it on a widescreen.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824112005

Back