20 - 22 inch widescreen LCD on the cheap - tips?

hungryduck

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking for a 20-22inch widescreen to use with my macbook - color accuracy isn't that big of an issue - I simply need to be able to see all of a music score when I am working on it in Sibelius (music notation software) so a high resolution is a must. I do some light photo work as well, but I doubt the color on my 4 year old 13" macbook is all that accurate anyways...

I've been out of the hardware game for years now - any recommendations? My first thought was one of the cheaper LCD's from Dell....I have a budget of under $200.

I'd love to pick up one of the 24" IPS panels I see everyone talking about, but I just can't swing spending that kind of bread right now...

Working with Sibelius... are you sure you want a monitor that has only 1080 vertical pxels? It might be worth saving a bit and aiming for something like the Dell 2209WA - it also pivots, which might be of real use if you are composing a large orchestral piece with many different parts. For what you are doing IMO, vertical pixels are critical.

Working with Sibelius... are you sure you want a monitor that has only 1080 vertical pxels? It might be worth saving a bit and aiming for something like the Dell 2209WA - it also pivots, which might be of real use if you are composing a large orchestral piece with many different parts. For what you are doing IMO, vertical pixels are critical.

excellent point, I didn't think of this - is that the only tiltable monitor from dell?

edit: wouldn't this offer some more real estate in terms of resolution? http://www.dell.com/us/en/dfo/perip...2210h/pd.aspx?refid=monitor-dell-p2210h&s=dfo

There are plenty of monitors from Dell that have tilt, vert, and pan stands. I think he was probably recommending the 2209WA because it's an IPS panel and looks better when rotated into portrait, even though it is lower rez.

Back