2 x 1GB Buffalo Firestix ddr2 800 RAM (D9GMH) - $199 @ newegg

Im too lazy to read back. As of now (time of my post) are there still D9s in the pc2 6400 from newegg?

SPD data is useless for determining which chips is used. The only way is to open the heatspreader and see for yourself. Another way (not accurate but a good indicator) is to overclock to D9 max speeds and see if it works. If not, it is surely a different IC but it could also happen when you get a lackluster D9 set.

SPD data is useless for determining which chips is used. The only way is to open the heatspreader and see for yourself. Another way (not accurate but a good indicator) is to overclock to D9 max speeds and see if it works. If not, it is surely a different IC but it could also happen when you get a lackluster D9 set.

good indication I've found for d9's is ability to have tras at cas4 easily. Also, ability to run trfc of 20 or 25 easily.

edit: I've fiddled with powerchips and some elpida and saw that neither of these could be satisfied with running 500+ easily if at all

I got mine just before they went OOS, and it seems they are still D9's. Testing how far I can go on cas 4. I think I am getting near the DDR 950 mark at cas 4.

I bought a set last week. Running DDR2-1000 @ 2.1V in a Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe with a 1212 AM2 Opteron @ 3.0Ghz 1.4V on air, absolutely flawless, dual-threads of prime 48hrs no error. Set to 5,5,5,15 timing. Will do 4,4,4 but Im still building confidence in this motherboard's OC ability before switching.

Ridiculous price for incredible ram... D9's rock

Damnit now they are OOS on the 1000s, I was just about to order 4GB. Hope it comes back quick!

These arnt micron d9 anymore anyways from what I understand. They have been using that elpida crap lately I believe. Thats why the price is dropped to $159.

Go ask around. Im only going by what everyone seems to say lately. I could be wrong. I dont own them so... Ive seen multiple people say they are elpida now. Then the price dropped soon after. Im surprised you people havnt heard that.

truth, bring us the proof that they arent D9's anymore

Go ask around. Im only going by what everyone seems to say lately. I could be wrong. I dont own them so... Ive seen multiple people say they are elpida now. Then the price dropped soon after. Im surprised you people havnt heard that.

they're still gmh from what I know. my friend got a kit when they dropped to 163 and they seem to be d9. I doubt elpida could do 500 4-4-4 with 2.25v. or more specifically, if they can, i doubt anything other than d9's could do trfc 20.

I knew I should have picked up this kit last time they came in stock!!!!

So far we (over @ XS) narrowed it to a couple of kits but they were bought from Microcenter and not Newegg. Also, unlike most manufactures, BuffaloTech will tell you what's underneath the heatspreaders. And like Ziddey stated
I doubt elpida could do 500 4-4-4 with 2.25v. or more specifically, if they can, i doubt anything other than d9's could do trfc 20.

So far we (over @ XS) narrowed it to a couple of kits but they were bought from Microcenter and not Newegg. Also, unlike most manufactures, BuffaloTech will tell you what's underneath the heatspreaders. And like Ziddey stated

Yes, Buffalo will tell what is under the heatspreaders and I confirmed mine is D9.

The Elpida reports is exactly this : a batch from MicroCenter from the last fall. They are all sold and they didn't restock so it's gone.

While it's a bit possible the price falling is due to a IC change, don't forget that the DRAM market is plummeting since 2 months because they had excess stock in expectation of Vista launch, which didn't materialize like they wanted. It is also possible Micron ramped up D9GMH chips production after getting better yields, thus having more IC available.

To settle everything, just call Buffalo, ask what is the IC and they will surely confirm what's inside as of now.

I just bought a set of the PC5300(6400) sticks 10 days ago, they are doing 250Mhz 8,4,4,4... or 4,4,4,8 for timing psycho's.... @ 2.1V, they are without a doubt D9's.

I got a notification from newegg this morning that this buffalo ram is back in stock.. I bought the G.Skill HZ a few hours ago though.

The 2GB PC6400 version is now available for $120.15 +shipping at Buffalo's web site.:)

Back