2 weeks till CES - video card prices expected to drop?

Snooble

Gawd
I've bring seeing a lot of buzz about new cars lineups on the way. Are we to expect a decrease in the current pricing of video cards once these are announced?

From what I've been gathering some retailers may already have the new (or will have) AMD gpu's ready to go during CES after the announcement. They are waiting to show what the card can do them releasing it that day.

I know these are just rumors but...

I've bring seeing a lot of buzz about new cars lineups on the way. Are we to expect a decrease in the current pricing of video cards once these are announced?

From what I've been gathering some retailers may already have the new (or will have) AMD gpu's ready to go during CES after the announcement. They are waiting to show what the card can do them releasing it that day.

I know these are just rumors but...

3000 series I'd expect to be ready to ship/retail - however I believe Vega 2 (RX Vega 64 update) doesn't ship till later in Jan. - also sounds like 3000 series may have AIB partner cards on day 1 or very near.

AMD has been paper launching GPUs the better part of a decade, no reason to expect anything to change.

I wanted to do a Threadripper build but I'm waiting to see if there is any news on newer versions.

As for GPUs, if I was waiting for low to mid end, I could see AMD coming out with something for you. IMO no way AMD will be able to compete at the high end quite yet.

I can see mid range dropping in price if all the AMD rumors are true. Don't expect 2080 and higher to be unaffected.

Perfect potential CPU / GPU combo, Ryzen 5 3600 & Radeon RX 3080...

Now I need to find a chicken to sacrifice...

hard to say whether current price changes are due to CES coming up or if it's due to the RTX 2060's releasing soon but RX580's and Vega along with the 1070/ti are already down to or below black friday prices. all we can do is wait and see.

CES isn't the big thing anymore sure they have some cool gadgets and monitors but all the stuff is focused on GDC PAX and other types of lesser conventions. You might see like PC cases keyboards and mice ect... those types of things have been common I only know this because I watch all those reviews on YouTube.

I would be very surprised if they announced anything in terms of new GPUs. Generally CES is "look at this current generation GPU, we stuck RGBs on it!". AMD and Nvidia like to announce new hardware at their own conferences or more GPU-centric events.

Back