2-way SLi GTX 580, i7 970 water cooling rig :)

Hi guys,
I'm here asking for feedback and suggestion on my first build :) :cool:
I have been advised to change the case to get nice organized wiring, also to change the power supply.
another thing irritate me :mad: people asking why didn't you choose i7 2600k, i said i didn't like the logo of this version lol
one more question, should i get the ASUS rampage III Extreme and another GTX 580 for 3-way SLi? :confused: :confused:

watch it on youtube please
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NaHTCCaS4Q

feed back pleaaaaaaaase :rolleyes:

Last edited:
should i get the ASUS rampage III Extreme and another GTX 580 for 3-way SLi?

No mention of how many monitors you're gonna use / what resolution will you be gaming at anywhere, not even in your video description, it's kind of hard to answer that. You most likely DON'T need a third GTX 580.

But that decision is ultimately up to you though, because no one here knows your bank account balance or how much weight you put on brag rights.

You didn't get the 2600K because of the LOGO? What the fuck am I reading? Oh well, the 970 is still plenty good as is the platform even though it's long in the tooth. As Shaman said, we don't know what your intention is behind this build; gaming, folding (unlikely), bragging rights? If you can comfortably fund this project and you're looking to show it off for props then by all means blow your money on a R3E and another GTX 580. Just remember, if you go this route there is literally no end as the bar for truly impressive rigs is already set pretty high by plenty of members here. Otherwise it's totally pointless as 2-way SLi 580s will murder almost any game at any resolution out there.

Also, don't blame your lack of cable management on the case, if it can be done in the A05N then it can be done in anything. Just sit down with your baby for an hour or so and be creative about it. Almost no excuse to have organized cables this day and age. Patience my friend.

Lol, extreme gaming? Honestly dude, 2 GTX580s is plenty for anything. If you want people to rate your rig especially from a forum such as [H], you best cable manage and get top tier stuff for your rig. Not hating or anything, but honestly speaking feels like you're just trying to get views for your video and brag. =/. Otherwise, Nice system still, could have select better parts and better CM.

Power supply and case as others have mentioned. Overall not a bad case but I wouldn't recommend if you want to do a full WC rig. Not sure which fans you were using for your radiator but they didn't look like Gentle Typhoons to me and I'd probably recommend using those. Kind of defeats the purpose of water cooling if your rig is still going to be loud as hell right? lol. Bout all that I can recommend improving so far if you've got enough dough to dish out for R3E and another GTX 580

Your video is pretty lame. I can tell you grew up watching MTV cribs and shit like that.

sorry i forgot to reply for that question, its for extreme gaming
That is too vague.

So my advice is go ahead and buy that new mobo and third GTX580. I say this because I get the feeling you're just looking for a justification to pull the trigger and are gonna buy it anyway, regardless of what we say.

But like has been said in this thread, you need some seriously better cable management to impress anyone around here.

Good luck with your build.

heres a feedback,

could of saved $ by going with 2600k and put that money towards a better case.
you forgot to buy zip ties.

You need a much better soundtrack on that video... perhaps some Vanilla Ice and a flashing strobe somewhere in the room along with a fog machine.

Seriously though, if you are picking CPU's based on logos and attempting to get feedback here, then its time to move on to another hobby.

sorry i forgot to reply for that question, its for extreme gaming
anim_chair.gif

im not gonna blast you much on this build, but damn dude....antec lanboy air? terrible terrible case...you can get a CM HAF 932 on the super cheap nowadays.....i mean seriously, Lanboy Air....wtffacepalm

Back