2 Routers driving me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liver

Supreme [H]ardness
Main router: D-link 4500 with 1.02 firmware (so none of the crazy nonsense of the "advanced" firmwares). Runs great.

Secondary router: Linksys 300N flashed with latest DDWRT.

What I am trying to do is use the "N" band to connect the Linksys to the d-link. Then to the Linksys I would connect my PS3 and Tivo.

I have scoured the web for a guide and I have found them, but I still can't get the damn thing to connect.

I have been using a G based Linksys (flashed with Tomato firmware) and it is working great. I am making the jump to stream movies (esp blurays) and need the speed of the N band.

I really think there is a simple mistake that I am making or something left out of the instructions. Any ideas?

Repeater

Client Bridged

I do know the D-link operates at 192.168.0.1 so I changed the Linksys to 192.168.0.2 and once that was done, I was unable to access the router. Needed to reset the router.

I did remember to disable (power down) my G based linksys to avoid any conflict with my N based linksys.

So the answer was setting my D-link 4500 to 192.168.1.1 (factory is 192.168.0.1). Once I did that and followed the client wiki, it worked.

Going to kill this thread, but hopefully it may help someone who is in the similar situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back