2 Routers driving me crazy.

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by Liver, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liver

Liver [H]ardness Supreme

Main router: D-link 4500 with 1.02 firmware (so none of the crazy nonsense of the "advanced" firmwares). Runs great.

Secondary router: Linksys 300N flashed with latest DDWRT.

What I am trying to do is use the "N" band to connect the Linksys to the d-link. Then to the Linksys I would connect my PS3 and Tivo.

I have scoured the web for a guide and I have found them, but I still can't get the damn thing to connect.

I have been using a G based Linksys (flashed with Tomato firmware) and it is working great. I am making the jump to stream movies (esp blurays) and need the speed of the N band.

I really think there is a simple mistake that I am making or something left out of the instructions. Any ideas?

Repeater

Client Bridged

I do know the D-link operates at 192.168.0.1 so I changed the Linksys to 192.168.0.2 and once that was done, I was unable to access the router. Needed to reset the router.

I did remember to disable (power down) my G based linksys to avoid any conflict with my N based linksys.

2. Liver

Liver [H]ardness Supreme

So the answer was setting my D-link 4500 to 192.168.1.1 (factory is 192.168.0.1). Once I did that and followed the client wiki, it worked.

Going to kill this thread, but hopefully it may help someone who is in the similar situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.