2$ ringtones for iPhone

Bacillus

Limp Gawd
Wow, thank God for hacks. 99 cents to buy a song and another 99 cents to use it as a ring tone. The comes under the heading of BULLSH**.

Wow, thank God for hacks. 99 cents to buy a song and another 99 cents to use it as a ring tone. The comes under the heading of BULLSH**.

That deserves to be said twice. There are apps that will let you turn any song into a ringtone for the iphone for free.

I'm not crazy about paying for ringtones either. But it's still a whole lot better than T-Mobile selling me the ringtone for $1.99 - $2.49. At least with the iPhone, I would get a full-length copy of the song for less money.

I'm not crazy about paying for ringtones either. But it's still a whole lot better than T-Mobile selling me the ringtone for $1.99 - $2.49. At least with the iPhone, I would get a full-length copy of the song for less money.

99 cents is still a good deal, especially compared to how 99% of cellphone users don't bother to make their own ringtones and would rather pay 2 bucks for a 32kbps 30 second mp3.

And really, it's not like you're buying your whole collection back either. How many ringtones does one want?

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/iToner/

I'm guessing from the shots I saw it lets you take a portion out of any song? That would be very cool in case there is a part of a song I really love, but no one offers a tone of that segment. Also Cingular charges 2.50 for their "Music Tones" so yea this is cheaper. Oh and btw its $1.98 so even more savings than 2 bucks!

a phone like iphone should ship with that app. that is what you are paying for right. a high end phone with a lot of features like custom ringtones

They charge you TWICE for a ringtone? What kind of garbage is that?! :rolleyes:

Said companies also sell phones that let you set your own MP3s as ringtones. :p

You guys don't understand. You get the FULL LENGTH SONG + a 30 sec CLIP (you choose which 30 seconds) for your ringtone. Other companies make you pay over 2 bucks for a crap/POS 15 second clip thats non-customizable.

Get over it. It's wayyy cheaper for those who don't want to mod their iPhone. In fact, some cell phone companies (aka Samsung) don't even allow some of their phones to use custom ringtones.

You guys don't understand. You get the FULL LENGTH SONG + a 30 sec CLIP (you choose which 30 seconds) for your ringtone. Other companies make you pay over 2 bucks for a crap/POS 15 second clip thats non-customizable.

Get over it. It's wayyy cheaper for those who don't want to mod their iPhone. In fact, some cell phone companies (aka Samsung) don't even allow some of their phones to use custom ringtones.

Well, here is the problem with your logic - what if you want to bring your own content? Many, not all, phone companies will sell you ring tone (thereby providing content), or allow you to provide your own content for free. If Apple did it both ways, then it would be a very happy day indeed. However, Apple did not - they MAKE you buy their content, and offer NO OTHER OPTION.

The only ring tone I needed to add to my iPhone was a simple cell phone ring sound, and this is not on the iTunes music store - so I'd be out of luck w/o the other hacks.

With programs like Gradge Band, SoundBooth, and integrated mics, making your own audio content is within the grasp for many. However, Apple let greed get the better of them and are giving us the royal s----- job in the process.

What's silly is I bought a Motorola Razr because it would sync with my iBook and I can make my own ringtones using iTunes and a simple sound editor and just upload them over bluetooth. That you can't do that with Apple's own phone makes me scratch my head.

//using the first couple of bars from "Know your rights" by the Clash as a ringtone

Hmm, if the ringtones are stored on the local machine (say ringtone folder), it seems logical you could put any .mp4 file in there and have it sync when the iPhone syncs...

I'd guess that it won't be that easy. With Apple, it rarely (never?) is.

you do realize most companies $2.50 or more for ringtones.

What's silly is I bought a Motorola Razr because it would sync with my iBook and I can make my own ringtones using iTunes and a simple sound editor and just upload them over bluetooth. That you can't do that with Apple's own phone makes me scratch my head.

//using the first couple of bars from "Know your rights" by the Clash as a ringtone

My point exactly. Most people that have been on attws/cingular and have bluetooth phones have been able to make ringtones for free for a long time. And just because some other corporate giants are charging $2+ for ringtones doesn't make it ok for everyone else to do it and certainly doesn't mean that consumers should just bend over and take it.

As shitty as it is to pay 2 dollars for a ringtone, in reality I think it's not all that bad. It's almost like people are looking at the whole, "AND you have to buy the song!" thing as being all bad. I mean, in most cases you'd pay 2.00 for the 30 second clip. But of course I'm repeating what others have said.

Not that I'd ever pay 2 dollars for a ringtone.

Definitely a much better deal than most other ringtone purchasing services. Unless I become a Billionare soon I still will not be paying $2 for ringtones.

Back