2 new Ubiquiti UniFi's - keep showing disconnected

MrGuvernment

Fully [H]
i got 2 Ubiquiti AP's cause everyone says they are the best thing since sliced bread, with that i presume i am doing something wrong, or something isn't playing nice together.

UniFi01
UniFi02

set as DHCP on each individual AP, and i am using a Cisco RV1280W router, default settings, only changed the default password so far and upgraded the firmware.

i have both UniFi's and my computer on the Cisco switch.

i run the UniFi management software, it shows me 2 pending devices, so i choose Adopt, give them names and off i go!

The AP's both go green, and stay green, but then the software decides to tell me the AP's are disconnected yet i can ping their IP's fine from my computer and from the
tK4DF.png

and even if i leave them alone, they don't show as connected again, i have to power cycle the router, the AP's to get them to connect and then they just drop again eventually.

Frustrating as i wanted to get these set up and working but worried now perhaps thw UniFi isnt liking the Cisco RV180W or something?

Help before i make Frisbee out of these things.

Download/install the latest version of the manager software? Or install the one on the CD that came in the box..which was prolly over a year old.

Using the included POE injectors?

ya, included POE,used the disk and had download 2.2.5 version, just downloaded the latest 2.3.6 to see what happens!

Router not passing the correct traffic between the Unifis? Guessing? Router problem?

i am hoping not :(, guess i will have to test with my Assu H66 to see if the same issue happens.

For both to be acting like that, I'd blame the router or the server/software that is running Unifi.

Ya, i have just reset everything, getting the Cisco working %100, then add 1 AP, see what happens, check cables and all that.

The joys of process of elimination!

mmm..

any chance, what ports does the Ubiquiti manager run on...

i disabled windows firewall on my desktop.. and now i got some red and green flashing going on.. which i assume is good...

Cross my fingers it stays this way!

mPcz9.png

love it when you bang your head on something and it ends up being the simplest thing you completly overlooked

LOL, ya, i hate simple..

Why use something simple, with password managers why leave it something someone could try to get access with when you can just generate random long string or randomness.

It looks like it was windows firewall, had to be, once i disabled it on my main system the UniFi software was running on POOF! everything seems to be running fine now!

tonight i am going to reset it all from scratch one more time and redo it just to make sure.

Yeah, it's always the stupid things. Happens to me every now and then.

drove me nuts, i was ready to play frisbee with them, then i was thinking it was the cisco router which got good review on small netbuilder, figured it was going to be one of those weekends!

noted and saved!

good to know, not sure why my windows firewall as not popping up to notify me as it was set to do that,. dam you windows!

Back