2 kids 11-13 each with an Xbox One setup help

wrangler

2[H]4U
So...

My son got an Xbox One a couple years ago. I do not have an Xbox. I do have a Microsoft account with the Xbox Live Gold subscription and my kids each have their own Microsoft accounts.

Tried like hell to set it up the right way with me as the parent etc, etc. following this website: https://www.windowscentral.com/parents-guide-xbox-one
With the Xbox live gold subscription under my account, I just never could get it to work where he could play on the damn thing without me having to intervene every 10 minutes to sign in.
Eventually gave up and it stays logged in on my Microsoft account ID.
If he logs in, he doesn't have access to any of the Live stuff like free games I've downloaded.

So, fast forward to today. Now, my daughter has an Xbox one. Yes, she's a gamer. So far PC only but since grandpa got her an Xbox, well...

Now, I know I cant share my Xbox live account with both of them across 2 Xbox Ones so we gonna need another one.

What is the best way for me to do this. I am afraid if I follow the instructions, it is gonna screw things up and associate my Live account the wrong way and tragedy will ensue...

I trust my kids and really don't even want to have to deal with the whole parent thing on a gaming system but Microsoft already knows their ages. I don't want to set up fake accounts because my kids actually use those email accounts.

Is there a way for me to set this thing up the right way?

Back