2 iPhones, 1 apple ID, can we share apps?

MrMitch

Spinning Drives Rule!
Easy question but I googled and didn't get a definete answer.

I have a 4s, wife is getting one friday. Can I use my apple ID on her phone, and can we share the apps I purchased? I need to buy either garmin or tom tom but hesitate because I'll be pissed if I'd need to buy twice.

Yes, you can share them with the same Apple ID. Make sure though by checking app -> purchased -> not on this phone.

TomTom is like 2gb, much easier to download it on iTunes and copy to 2 phones... Whenever my download would interrupt it would start over, fun over 3G!

TY good to know, quick question a bit off topic but since they're mentioned ...

Does TomTom or Garmin interface with SiRi? As in ... can you say navigate to, and one of those apps gets launched ?

TY good to know, quick question a bit off topic but since they're mentioned ...

Does TomTom or Garmin interface with SiRi? As in ... can you say navigate to, and one of those apps gets launched ?

Nope. Apple does not provide a documented SIRI API for developers to use. They are moving in that direction, slowly, but it will be a while.

My best guess would be with iPhone 5/iPad3 OS update, they might open it up to developers.

5.1 Allows some limited voice analysis though, it will be interesting to see how developers use it.

@BDV
Thanks for the info, I'm spoiled by android ... was trying to get similar functionality for GFs i4s.

@athlon1.2
That's a decent work around, but still requires interfacing with screen a bit, which is something I was trying to avoid having my GF to deal with when she gets lost. She has little to no patience when it comes to electronic devices not working.

If it there was only a way to make it as simple as speaking "take me home" through siri and then having step by step voice nav kick in.

The 5.1 API I mentioned actually revolves around voice input into text views. Which looks like exactly what they are doing.

It's not actually SIRI, as you cannot tell it to "navigate via tomtom", you have to manually open the app first and start text input (i.e. it is selected via keyboard).

Plus it's not even TomTom, it's a PasteAndGo app.

Back