2 free games today Crysostaysis and Alien Swarm

Free alien swarm! Is it a source engine game only? So do you need HL2, Left 4 Dead etc, or is it tottally free? (I have source games, but I want to play with others) It doesnt say the normal "needs half life" shenanigans
Are the EVGA codes working again?

Free alien swarm! Is it a source engine game only? So do you need HL2, Left 4 Dead etc, or is it tottally free? (I have source games, but I want to play with others) It doesnt say the normal "needs half life" shenanigans

its not an episode for Hl2 or anything.. its just built off the Source engine. you wont need the original games :)

EDIT: Actually I don't know if what I said below is accurate, sadly my home computer is currently down or i would remote in to test.

You will need a game that gives you access to the Source SDK such as HL2 - Ep1-2 - L4D1-2, sadly the free Lost Coast/HL2DM do not qualify.

Last edited:
Grabbed Alien Swarm, but missed out on Cryostasis. Looks like they really had a limited number of codes.

Damn, Steam is getting pounded more than a cheap whore on BOGO night. Been trying for 10 minutes lol.

trying to get Alien Swarm for my son while he's at his mother's and the "servers are too busy to handle your request" or some bullshit...fuck...

no issues downloading, took like 10 min to DL and install for me(about 2 hours ago), maybe the south east servers arnt as busy?

People need to change their steam region in settings. I am from the west where I was getting 40Kb/s or so to over 450Kb/s just by switching to east. Still a lot slower than what I get though, maybe another country might help but I am in no hurry to play.

if you can't DL, swap servers, Dallas only took me a couple tries to get in

People need to change their steam region in settings. I am from the west where I was getting 40Kb/s or so to over 450Kb/s just by switching to east. Still a lot slower than what I get though, maybe another country might help but I am in no hurry to play.

Europe servers are getting me an epic 444kb/s peak 177kb/s average! Go fibre optic! hang on...

Phoenix worked for me. Downloading the game. Measly 166 KB/s but that's ok - I still have way too many games in my queue.

Cryostasis codes are working again. Will wait till later to try and nab alien storm.

I had to use IE to get a code, Firefox would say no code available. (Cryostasis)

what is the link for cryostasis, I am also getting to the 11 page, is it over?

I think so. I got bored on the scavenger hunt after finding 4. zzzzzzzzzz Boring. EVGA's site is full of so much trash that doesn't have any relation to their own products its pathetic!

Ok heres the Cryostasis page, that no one mentioned lol. I don't have elligible card, but if someone does, and is registered at evga, and could spare me a code, if they own the game and or don't want it, I'd appreciate it. Here's the page.

http://www.evga.com/articles/00471/

Edit: They may have been giving codes without the need for a card before, but that seems to be done now : /, as I can't find it, thats the only Cryostasis page, I can find.

Last edited:
Keep trying, the busy server warnings gives way after a while.

Alien Swarm is worth it, REALLY fun game with a group of friends.

Got cryostasis earlier today about an hour after they posted it on facebook, was gonna actually post it here at that time but i was in a car and my cellular data network sorta dropped, and then i forgot.

damn this blow my card is not eligible if anyone has any extra codes for cryostasis i sure would appreciate one

I order COH TOV, COH GOLD which is supposed to include Opposing Fronts. Well they sent me links for Two TOV and Opposing Fronts. I don't even have a link for COH original. Thats pretty crappy. So I sent support a message and I'm awaiting a reply.

Back