2.8C / 2.8E or 3.0C

dfx

n00b
Which one should i bang my luck on for overclocking?

Thanks n' Cheers :)

i would say the 2.8C

i have one and its awesome. running at 3.5 GHz at the moment thats a 250FSB 1:1 with my Corsair XMS....

Don't do E... The heat is insane, and the benches show it losing to the C.

I vote for the 2.8C!!

:D

LOL

And... I have a 2.6C, with water or air hits 3.2 GHz on an 865PE board (which I think is the bottle neck). Corsair 1024 PC4000, and several choices of adequate cooling...

unless you're watercooling, get a 'c' series. 2.8 or 3.0. the prescotts run hot and not that much faster (if any)

Even with watercooling, don't get an E proc ... better off getting a C till the clock speeds increase for the Es.

personally id probably go with the 3.0c just because its such a minimal price increase from the 2.8c, but its up to you, id stay away from the 2.8E, there too hot, and the C's are just as fast/faster in some cases

3.0c/2.8c>2.8E

where do you guys purchase all your cpu's from? Were you guys able to OC a 3.0c near a 4.0c? I've read some certain shopping review sites that certain people who bought 3.0c's could only go up to 3.5ghz. i'm not sure if they have bad ram config or mobo, but it seemed no one peaked near 4 with their 3.0c's. hope you guys enlighten me with your facts :)

Get the C definitely, I dont think those pressies are gonna get good until 775 comes out, and as everyone knows they're delayed.

update

i just got my hand on my new 3.0C yesterday
damnit as it can only do 3.4ghz @ 100% stable
whereas my 2.4C @ 3.2ghz

both tested on the same m/b + ram @ default vcore :(

Those are fairly sucky results with the 3.0C, but you didn't go over stock volts. My 2.8 won't go over 3.25 at stock volts (might go higher.) I'm using stock cooling, so temps are my biggest problem.

i got a 3.0C too got it up to 3.9 with 1.675vcore but extremely unstable but stable at 3.6
what is your stepping code dfx??
mine was SL6WK gonna exchange for a different one tomorrow

Originally posted by mewannafastpc
i got a 3.0C too got it up to 3.9 with 1.675vcore but extremely unstable but stable at 3.6
what is your stepping code dfx??
mine was SL6WK gonna exchange for a different one tomorrow

mine also sl6wk

i got a new cpu...SL6WK
3.9ghz @1.675v in bios but 1.6v in windows...
still goin for more!!! but something is keeping me from POSTING at 4ghz, gonna try new board friday
3.9ghz1.jpg

you got a hell of a chip there, i think it may be better than mine given volts. do the droop mod please and then I bet you have 4ghz easy and 4.1 with 1.7 volts. Thats whats holding you back ,the extreme voltage loss

I got the retail 2.8C runnin at 3.5 @1.625V, but some of these o/c on the 3.0's is makin me wish i got one of those!!

i'll try another board first cuz i can't do the droop mod myself and need to send it to somebody else. if the abit can give me 4 then i certainly will get the droop done

update
just bought myself another new piece of 3.0c today
now running @ 3.7ghz @ default vcore :)
will update u guys what's the stepping later
this time is not sl6wk reason because my another piece of sl6wk can only do 3.4ghz @ default vcore

Back