2.6 cubic foot mini fridge $50 shipped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoxTek

The Geek Redneck
DEAL DEAD as of 8/2 - Coupon no longer works on this SKU

Thought this was a pretty hot deal myself, no pun intended!

Insignia 2.6 Cu. Ft. Compact Refrigerator (Black) $50 Free S&H (w/ Email Code)

Best Buy has the Insignia brand 2.5 cubic foot mini refrigerator on sale for $79.99 (normally $119.99), but if you sign up for their EDU mailing list you get a coupon for $30 off mini fridges which you can use with this purchase, making it only $50! Shipping is free or you can pickup in store.

The SD thread linked above has the details in the OP...

Last edited:
Damn I just bought a used one for $30 lol! I would of totally gone new for only $20 more.

That looks about the same size as the one I have here int the garage.
I wouldn't mind having a black one, mine is white and beat up.

fridge-drinks-garage.jpg

Actually, now that I look at it, it may be smaller than the one I have.

Getting a house soon and this would be perfect for the garage. Waiting on code :D

Getting a house soon and this would be perfect for the garage. Waiting on code :D

Within 10 minutes of signing up for the EDU thing I had a welcome email with a whole slew of coupons including the mini fridge one. You might need to check your spam folder. :)

Deal dead, Best Buy updated the coupon so it no longer works on this SKU...

Deal dead, Best Buy updated the coupon so it no longer works on this SKU...

Yeah the day (night) that I saw it on SD a lot of people were already saying it's dead.

I'm sure they caught on, not to mention I never got my codes lol. Oh well.

Yeah the day (night) that I saw it on SD a lot of people were already saying it's dead.

I'm sure they caught on, not to mention I never got my codes lol. Oh well.
Don't feel too bad, a lot of people saying even though the box was undamaged that the unit they received was FUBAR with dents and dings and what not apparently from rough handling at the factory and little to no quality control. It also apparently doesn't even have a temperature sensor, and instead operates the compressor on a timed cycle. Runs longer on colder setting and shorter cycles on warmer setting. So not the best quality unit out there.

Don't feel too bad, a lot of people saying even though the box was undamaged that the unit they received was FUBAR with dents and dings and what not apparently from rough handling at the factory and little to no quality control. It also apparently doesn't even have a temperature sensor, and instead operates the compressor on a timed cycle. Runs longer on colder setting and shorter cycles on warmer setting. So not the best quality unit out there.

Eh, I mean I have 3-4 stores around me with more than 3 in stock so if I got a bad one I could've returned it. I don't feel so bad anyway :p

Amazes me the number of people in the SD thread bitching about dents and dings. It's a fucking $70 mini fridge, not a Ferrari. What most people put them through they're going to get the shit dented out of them anyway. :p

As for the lack of a temperature sensor, most dorm / bar fridges are that way and hell many 'budget' full size fridges are as well. The 'temperature control' is simply an adjustable timer that controls the amount of time the compressor runs and/or the time between cycles. You adjust it until the contents of the fridge remain as cold as you like them. About the only bad thing about this setup is if you have the unit in a place that's subject to extreme temperature changes the results could be unpredictable. In a dorm / office / home situation that's not really a problem - even out in the garage the temperature tends to stay fairly consistent although you might find yourself turning it up during the winter to save electricity.

At least the fridge in this (now expired) deal is a real refrigerator with a compressor, not one of those stupid TEC jobs you see a lot of these days.

DAMN!!! My mini-fridge finally met its maker, last weekend, after 8 years of faithful service. This would'a been a perfect replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back