2.4GHz Overclocked to 3.63GHz, And Climbing

The numbers!! At 3809 mhz that 2.8C gets a dhrystone processor score of 10794.
My processor @ 3710 mhz my 2.4C gets a dhrystone processor score of 11415

The 2.8C system is running it's mem at 1:1 for a DDR of 544, it's mem score is 6349
My mem is running on the 5:4 divider for a DDR of 455 and my mem score is 6624.

I think I am pretty happy with my clocks and scores.

WeldZilla said:
The numbers!! At 3809 mhz that 2.8C gets a dhrystone processor score of 10794.
My processor @ 3710 mhz my 2.4C gets a dhrystone processor score of 11415

The 2.8C system is running it's mem at 1:1 for a DDR of 544, it's mem score is 6349
My mem is running on the 5:4 divider for a DDR of 455 and my mem score is 6624.

I think I am pretty happy with my clocks and scores.

What do you do for benchmarking though.

I leave everything open as if I was normally running my PC

Thats 12 things in the start menu, totalling a little over 207MB of memory usage. But we can play. :D

****edit****

boots 4ghz fine, but damn thermal throttling kicks in slowing down the CPU. Once my new HSF comes in I'll post up a smoker :p

eViL_M@LuM, thermal throttling kicks in @ 70c, wtf cooling do you have now? I say the cpu seems to be slowing down because of PCI/AGP locks, as did my system above 300MHz FSB, set the AGP/PCI to 67/34, if it doesnt quicken up then, idk whats going on

it's a 2.8E not a 2.4C :p

No it's crappy cooling, the sink on there now is a salvaged Volcano hell cant remember which model right now.

I just had a thought

my mobo wouldnt POST, but it would turn on. I had it @ 300MHz FSB with stock NB cooling @ 2.8v memory, could that have killed the NB?

what kind of performance (game- and bench-wise) are you guys getting with these overclocks? I was thinking of either getting a P4 (2.4C) or an Athlon XP-M (2600+) and OCing the crap outta them with my watercooling...any ideas?

I myself haven't heard of anyone "blowing out" their NB, but hey, ya never know...that would suck if you did...

That is where I was at when I ran Aquamark today
http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=953933834
Zilla2a.jpg

This little cpu just does no know when to quit!!

Back