2.4GHz Overclocked to 3.63GHz, And Climbing

cpu2.jpg

24/7 stable.

PopCorn said:
cpu2.jpg

24/7 stable.

Come on dude....push it one more MHz.....I realise that mobo's can tend to round up and/or down and so does CPU-Z and Sandra sometimes.....but 3599 doesn't look NEARLY as cool as 3600. ;)

lol tough crowd!

I have a screenie of my FX-53 at nice even, round and exact 2700.0 MHz, would that make you feel better Corny? ;) It's just not quite as sexy as a 1200 MHz overclock though.

PopCorn said:
lol tough crowd!

I have a screenie of my FX-53 at nice even, round and exact 2700.0 MHz, would that make you feel better Corny? ;) It's just not quite as sexy as a 1200 MHz overclock though.

yeah, I know...I'm picky. :p

Hehe, think you could boot into windows for 5 minutes at 1fsb higher just for the pic? :p

What kind of cooling you got on that 2.7GHz again? Round numbers like that are much nicer.....there may be next to no difference between 2.69Ghz and 2.7GHz, but 2.69 just ain't the same...I'm sure you feel the same. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
Hehe, think you could boot into windows for 5 minutes at 1fsb higher just for the pic?

What kind of cooling you got on that 2.7GHz again? Round numbers like that are much nicer.....there may be next to no difference between 2.69Ghz and 2.7GHz, but 2.69 just ain't the same...I'm sure you feel the same. ;)

Actually, I tried to get it to screen @ 3600 even but it just won't do it, so I said what the heck. I guess it's just the way it rounds out the clock. Honestly, I didn't try for more because at a 1200 MHz overclock and with it stable, that's about as far as I feel comfortable going. It's a sweet chip (payed $168 for it a year ago from newegg) and I want it to be around for a while. :) It's water cooled, BTW.

As far as my FX goes, I have a Koolance Exos AL Cooling System on it as well, with a 300 series water block. I can screen and do some benching @ 2700, but I wouldn't consider it 24/7 stable. My FX seems to like around 2.65 GHz maximum, if you're talking 24/7 stable in everything. 2700 MHz & up is a harder to achieve without more elaborate cooling methods.

I have read that some newer FX's are doing a little better but 2.6 - 2.7 seems about average for Water. However, a 2.6 FX is about on par with a 4+ GHz P4, so I really haven't been tempted to push for more yet, as no games have pushed the CPU yet.

When it starts straining, I'll probably grab a Vapochill LS and go for 3 GHz. :)

I hear ya bro....I'm really gonna have to consider going to an FX53 once I get my Prometia next month......cus a 3GHz FX would be so much nicer then the 4GHz+ P4 that I'll end up with on the phasechange. :p

Yeah, I've always had Intels but I simply love the FX53/939 Platform. It's my first AMD system and I wasn't sure if I would be like it, but I was really surprised at how well it behaves and performs.

Regarding your Phase Change system, considering that the A64's probably won't see 3 GHz in a retail box for a while, it's pretty good investment as it will see you through for quite a while. Good luck with your new setup bro, I think you'll really dig it.

Ok, back on topic, sorry for rambling. Afterall, 1200 MHz overclocked P4's kick much ass as well. =)

PopCorn said:
Ok, back on topic, sorry for rambling. Afterall, 1200 MHz overclocked P4's kick much ass as well. =)

Yeah, what I'd really like to do is hit 4.4GHz with my 3.2E that I'm picking up.....which would put me at 275fsb 1:1....perfect for some PC4400. Hopefully I'll be able to join the 1.2GHz club with my 3.2E.....not actually that out of reason.

cornelious0_0 said:
Yeah, what I'd really like to do is hit 4.4GHz with my 3.2E that I'm picking up.....which would put me at 275fsb 1:1....perfect for some PC4400. Hopefully I'll be able to join the 1.2GHz club with my 3.2E.....not actually that out of reason.

That would be a very healthy overclock and give you some nice bandwidth to boot. Good luck!

Here's the screenie of my FX at a nice even 2700, just for you Corn. =) http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1026676540#post1026676540

Towards the bottom of the page.

Steve said:
watercooled 3.2GHz EE running at 4145MHz. Memory running at stock timings at 259MHz.

*COUGH* thats not a 1Ghz+ OC!! :p

Get outta here with that wimpy 945Mhz OC! LOL :cool:

I want an EE (or an FX) damn expensive processors! :(

Cornholio, did you try benching Q3 wih my settings?

chrisf6969 said:
Cornholio, did you try benching Q3 wih my settings?

I haven't yet....but I dont' remember you saying that you disabled sound in your 600fps run....something that isn't usually done in Q3 comparisons.....which is why i was doubtfull. I'll give it a run today though.

hey weld, since I have the same mobo as you, I was trying to find a waterblock to cool the NB, but, there is none that would would fit it. Have you found any? Mine gets pretty hot but I have a 80mm panaflo blowing directly at it. I searched up and down the web, but got nothing... :(

cornelious0_0 said:
I haven't yet....but I dont' remember you saying that you disabled sound in your 600fps run....something that isn't usually done in Q3 comparisons.....which is why i was doubtfull. I'll give it a run today though.

Well, I use Quake3 as a CPU/memory/FSB benchmark at 640x480 every little memory tweak, extra Mhz, etc.. adds a few fps. SO you can really tell when you system is tweaked to the max. Changing videocards from a 5900nu to 6800GT I got the same 600fps.

If you dont believe me.... you can come to my house & watch me run it. I live in New Orleans! :) Then after I show you, I might kick your ass for doubting me. lol j/k

But you really shouldnt cry just b/c my system is faster in Q3 at 640x480. You cant win all the benchmarks.

chrisf6969 said:
Well, I use Quake3 as a CPU/memory/FSB benchmark at 640x480 every little memory tweak, extra Mhz, etc.. adds a few fps. SO you can really tell when you system is tweaked to the max. Changing videocards from a 5900nu to 6800GT I got the same 600fps.

If you dont believe me.... you can come to my house & watch me run it. I live in New Orleans! :) Then after I show you, I might kick your ass for doubting me. lol j/k

But you really shouldnt cry just b/c my system is faster in Q3 at 640x480. You cant win all the benchmarks.

Don't worry about it bro, on my rig I can get over 600 consistantly with all settings low, everything turned off EXCEPT sound (sound is on) I just turned everything off in options, turned on simple items, cranked everything to low and benched it at the below resolutions:

I installed Quake3 just for a few benchmarks / screenshots:

800x600

shot147.jpg

640x480

shot148.jpg

Steve said:
Don't worry about it bro, on my rig I can get over 600 consistantly with all settings low, everything turned off EXCEPT sound (sound is on) I just turned everything off in options, turned on simple items, cranked everything to low and benched it at the below resolutions:

I installed Quake3 just for a few benchmarks / screenshots:

Thats the CPU power kicking ass at 4+ Ghz. Still a weak ass 945Mhz OC! :) LOL

You didnt put it to vertex (and/or 16-bit) huh? b/c thats "cheating" it makes the boards look like ass. I just asked b/c the screen looked a little blurry kinda what vertex looks like.

my.php

my 1.8OC from awhile ago, this was done on air, i only did it this high to run a bench mark and tone it down with that kind of voltage. I still have the CPU sitting right here, maybe one day ill invest in some decent cooling (and faster memory) and see how it can really go

Glad to hear you have a good board to work with. I have not even looked for a NB water block but, I will. Let you know what I find. In the mean time I will just have to be happy with my 1310 MHZ Overclock!!

WZ

you wanna know what sucks now?

my board died.... Im sending it in for RMA sometime within the next 8 days. grrrr

Im having that problem where it wont post, no matter what I do to try and fix it.

lmao@ napalm, :D

sorry bro, just had too

seriously, how high did u actually go to cause damage?

Tenks said:
lmao@ napalm, :D

sorry bro, just had too

No you didn't.....I dunno if you've ever lost/killed a peice of hardware like that, but it sux.....and I personally hate it when ppl laugh about it, even half joking.

No hard feelings, but it's not something to kid around about.

For somebody else to post up[ a screenie with at least sandra mem and cpu scores at 3700 and above. I love the view from up here but,it is kinda lonely.

WZ

WeldZilla said:
For somebody else to post up[ a screenie with at least sandra mem and cpu scores at 3700 and above. I love the view from up here but,it is kinda lonely.

WZ

How did the AGP 8X fix go at 302+ FSB? I might be able to eek it out.

dude...you people have some kick@$$ OCs goin on here...i was wondering, though...

would it be better (performance wise (as in benchies and games)) to get a 2600-M w/ my soon-2-b watercooling, or should I get a P4?

I was thinking, for a p4, to get a 2.4 or a 2.8 and see how how i could take that...anybody have any ideas?

sorry to thread hack, just seemed like it belonged here!

again, sweet OCs, specially that FX-53, sorry if i missed this, but what are some benchmarks? AM3? 3dmark? i bet its sexy :p

Sorry that you feel that way, but after reading and seeing soo much impressive OCs and then finally arriving to your post, it was just amusing, if only briefly. Either way, I found it funny, and I laughed. I even find it funnier when I fried my old MSI board. Good times.

cornelious0_0 said:
No you didn't.....I dunno if you've ever lost/killed a peice of hardware like that, but it sux.....and I personally hate it when ppl laugh about it, even half joking.

No hard feelings, but it's not something to kid around about.

He lost the board because he overclocked it.
On the internet everything is laughable, it's even funny that he's RMA'ing the board although he overclocked it, although I would have done the same thing haha.

The agp slot was cool to 310fsb At 310 things got a little whack!! I still think it is all a matter of cpu volts and cooling. I was getting hot up that high at 304 everything worked as smooth as stock!!
NewhighAQMK3A.jpg

http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=1289107750
I ran PCmark04 at 3602mhz. I was just checking stability as I increased clock.
WeldZillaTime.jpg
turned out to be a hell of a score!! I can't tell anyone to run. you will have to decide that for yourself. It has been fun squeezing every drop out of this prossy. I am actually thinking about giving it over to my wife and start trying to break 4300 with a 3.0C chip.

Come on dude.....get that PCMark score up.....with that 1.1GHz overclock and the GT you have the potential to be ahead of me by a bit.....even though I am still clocked higher, your bus makes up for it in PCMark quite a bit. I'm JUST short of 5,800 myself.....and I still wanna hit 6k with this setup.

HighwayAssassins said:
my voltage is 1.775 on the OC in my sig

Dude, that's a ridiculously high vcore to only get up to 3.2GHz with your CPU.....are you 110% sure that you can't do it with any less? I guess you just got stuck with a bunk overclocker. :p

cornelious0_0 said:
Dude, that's a ridiculously high vcore to only get up to 3.2GHz with your CPU.....are you 110% sure that you can't do it with any less? I guess you just got stuck with a bunk overclocker. :p

ive got shit memory too...that may be why

I'll run some Sisoft benches from 3700 or above when I get home.
Here's one I ran a while back for shits & giggles 3666 (the evil #)
screen3666.jpg

Its just that its useless b/c I cant run 3d apps, so whats the point of stupid screenshot if its not truely stable and you dont have any links to REAL (stressful) benchmarks.

However, 3.6Ghz is perfectly stable for me.

I can run at default voltage at 3600, but found that the IC-7 undervolts so, I crank it to 1.6v in BIOS which gives me 1.55v reading in windows.

If they dont post a link to 3dMark200x then its just a screenshot/sisoft overclock. not a [H]ard OC.

I'm going to test again when I get home I think I can get screenshots up to 3.8Ghz+
and probably run sisoft to around 3.7Ghz

I'll also post a link to 3dMark2005 with the 66.72's when I get home. I'm shooting for 5250+ marks.

BTW, everyone raves about 1:1 or even 5:4, all of my benches are with 3:2 ratio! not too bad huh? NO volt mods to anything, no BIOS volt mods to videocard, etc..

chrisf6969 said:
If they dont post a link to 3dMark200x then its just a screenshot/sisoft overclock. not a [H]ard OC.

I wouldnt go as far as to say that, but if it's just a CPU-Z overclock it's definitely not anything to actually brag about, brag about what you can actually show in action. ;) I will admit that I like seeing how far I can push my cpu and video card from time to time, just for fun....but ultimately I end up settling back on my 24/7 stable and artifact free overclocks whenever i'm boasting my scores. ;)

well, actually, my board didnt die from OCing. I checked on abit's forums, and many people had this problem, some fixed it, some didnt, i am part of the ones that didnt fix it, lol...

I get my 160GB SATA drive and new 9800 Pro today, then I can finally update my sig...

Back