2.4ghz and 5ghz and the same time for a low price.

Just trying to find a router that does both frequencies at the same time that I can find used cheap. Don't need super fancy just something that gets the job done. Appreciate any help with this.

That's nearly all of them... Go buy the cheapest TP-Link wireless router you can find at Wal-Mart etc.

I just bought one that does one or the other not both at the same time, I would just search for dual band, but I don't know how to specifically seek out the specific feature of being able to use both at the same time.

I don't know that I've run across that would have both frequencies, but only do one or the other at any given time. That certainly isn't common in my experience.

What router did you buy that doesn't do what your wanting?

I was skeptical, but holy hell, according to the manual (page 29) it really can only do 2.4 OR 5 GHz, not both simultaneously. Odd, even considering the time that it came out.

I can't give a first-hand recommendation (sorry), but a lot of people seem to like the Asus routers. Just make sure whatever you get is 802.11ac, dual-band, and should have gigabit ethernet ports all-around. Don't worry about superfluous stuff like USB ports for file/printer sharing, as that stuff is usually an afterthought and rarely works well.

Well I'll just get one then that I hope can do both. If I get another one that does one or the other but not both, I'm coming to back this thread and raising hell lol.

Alot of the early N only 5GHZ routers could only do 2.4GHZ or 5GHZ. Now another thing to note alot consumer based routers can not have both 2.4 and 5GHZ on the same SSID network... So idk if thats what you want. 1 SSID that can run both 5GHZ and 2.4GHZ?

Nah just want something where my roommate can connect her ds and older laptop with 2.4, and I can use the higher 5ghz for pcgaming, as 2.4 gets a lot of interference here.

That's nearly all of them... Go buy the cheapest TP-Link wireless router you can find at Wal-Mart etc.
No, not any cheap router. Any 802.11ac router will do both, but many 802.11n will not do concurrent 2.4 and 5.0. Due to price, availability, and "newness" I'd just go with an 802.11ac router. Will probably find one cheaper than you would an 802.11n that does both.

No, not any cheap router. Any 802.11ac router will do both, but many 802.11n will not do concurrent 2.4 and 5.0. Due to price, availability, and "newness" I'd just go with an 802.11ac router. Will probably find one cheaper than you would an 802.11n that does both.

Honestly didn't think that you could get an 'N' router, so definitely make sure to grab a TP-Link AC version!

Back