1usmus Power Plan for AMD Ryzen - New Developments

Constructive criticism isn’t necessarily the same thing as bitching.

It’s a suggestion and not a personal attack. Take it or leave it, if you see news posted on any forum or site, there’s a basic expectation of something more than a link and title.

Plus, isn’t that what people so everywhere on the internet? Complain and flame. Lol. At least here, (outside of the soapbox), most people try to curb the flames.

On topic though, it’s an interesting read, but it seems like just long release notes for an updated app that fixes a lockout from a windows update that helps ryzen pick the best cores to boost.

I have prepared a new 1usmus Ryzen Universal power profile which should benefit all Windows 10 builds with any BIOS. The main difference from "Ryzen Balanced" is that low-threaded workloads (1–4 threads) will see better CPU utilization. By default, the scheduler is set to "may use best cores"; I've changed that to "must use best cores".

Almost every news article has something about the summary, the source, the newsworthiness... in the first few replies. If it wasn't for his posts the board would be empty.

1usmus has been doing some great work with Ryzen. Is his work part of the reason we have a "Ultimate Performance" power plan that is up and above the High performance power plan?

For the TLDR, jump down to "General Advice for Ryzen Users", and "Updated 1usmus Ryzen Universal power profile".

The one Caveat from the article:

"I just hope that these findings will be incorporated in BIOS and drivers updates to benefit an even larger userbase."

YMMV.

Reactions: erek
like this
Back