1TB SSD $84.99 + TAX @ Microcenter

You can always just get a UPS for the whole system and not have to worry about power issues at all. (y)

As far as replacing the black, I would definitely still keep it as a backup drive. I still don't think there's enough information to fully know what ssd failures look like and what the warning signs may be. A sudden failure without a backup would be bad.

SSD failures and warning signs I have personally seen in the past few years.

1. Cache on the SSD goes bad. Drive still works but is extremely slow.
2. System starts hitching and then locks up a few minutes later. This is intermittent but then hitching and lockups happen more and more often until the drive completely dies.
3. When booting, the computer sometimes cannot detect the SSD. This happens every once in a while until the drive completely dies.
4. Sudden death. The drive just disappears and is not ever able to be detected by the computer again.

Dude wearing nail polish freaked me out in the product shots. I hope Samsung tells him next time to either remove that or have a woman handle the products so it doesn't freak anyone out. :vomit:

Maybe "HE" is a he-she-it-whateva, and thats why they let it wear the nail polish, otherwise they would most likely get sued for sexual harrassment, violation of it's freedom of speech/expression, defamation of character, and making it go wee-wee in that "other" bathroom.......

It's not like anyone actually gives a sh*t anymore about freakin/not freakin anyone else out :clown:

Maybe "HE" is a he-she-it-whateva, and thats why they let it wear the nail polish, otherwise they would most likely get sued for sexual harrassment, violation of it's freedom of speech/expression, defamation of character, and making it go wee-wee in that "other" bathroom.......

It's not like anyone actually gives a sh*t anymore about freakin/not freakin anyone else out :clown:
Transformers...more than meets the eye...;) (hopefully someone will remember this line from the old theme song)

I am looking on placing one in a PS4 Pro. I guess this or any of the others in this price range, concerned about speed and reliability, should be decent as they are better than an HDD and an SSHD.

Every once in a blue moon the power may go. Not sure why as I am in NY but it does. I have not had issues with an SSHD but someone in this thread brought up that SSD's can go bad if power fails. I guess if I do go SSD I may need to get a ups.

On Amazon the Crucial BX is $5 more with a smidgen less storage and the Adata Su 800 is also only $5 more for a supposed top tier SSD.

I am looking on placing one in a PS4 Pro. I guess this or any of the others in this price range, concerned about speed and reliability, should be decent as they are better than an HDD and an SSHD.

Every once in a blue moon the power may go. Not sure why as I am in NY but it does. I have not had issues with an SSHD but someone in this thread brought up that SSD's can go bad if power fails. I guess if I do go SSD I may need to get a ups.

On Amazon the Crucial BX is $5 more with a smidgen less storage and the Adata Su 800 is also only $5 more for a supposed top tier SSD.
If timing isn't urgent, I'd wait because as the 2TBs come down, the quality 1TB drives with the ability to withstand sudden power loss will come into this price range.

That being said, a good ups is never a bad idea. I remember back in the day when a backup battery on a raid controller cost more than a ups, so I just got a ups--even better than not losing data is not even having the power go for that to be an issue. (y)

If timing isn't urgent, I'd wait because as the 2TBs come down, the quality 1TB drives with the ability to withstand sudden power loss will come into this price range.

That being said, a good ups is never a bad idea. I remember back in the day when a backup battery on a raid controller cost more than a ups, so I just got a ups--even better than not losing data is not even having the power go for that to be an issue. (y)

I bit on the Adata. Good reviews and 89.99 after a coupon via Amazon. Seems like it is on par with the Crucial MX's of the world.

Looking at a UPS now. Just looking at putting the PS4 Pro and the Monitor on it. Looks like an Amazon basic might fir the bill. Only $40 too.

Thanks for the wisdom on this thread. Timely too because I do not dork out as much as I used too lol

Back