1tb Juanwe external SSD $49.93 amazon

man114

Weaksauce
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TWVY1BJ/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=A26KTAFAO5S2LI&th=1 use apply 20% off, use coupon code 359KW4VZ

also works for the 500gb which comes out to $28 and change

May work with the other models. Dunno how long it runs. Let’s you buy 1 with the code. Despite being an off brand the capacity is legit, I only ran across this as I bought the 500gb last year and it was in my lists. I can’t really vouch for long term reliability as I’ve only got 1 though I’ve used it quite a bit.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Seems like a good deal for the capacity but some of the reviews has these dying within a month or two.

Seems like a good deal for the capacity but some of the reviews has these dying within a month or two.
Can’t really comment there, had the 500gb since last year around this time. I’d give it a good workout early But there’s no real reason it should fail any sooner.

Anyone know if shuckable?
It’s in a fairly well sealed aluminum case. I never tried to open it. I assume there’s some sort of nvme or SATA m.2 drive inside. While hard disk sentinel reported the 500gb as generic the 1tb showed up today, I tried that it’s apparently OEMed by Netac.

I got the 512 GB version.

Writing a single file into the whole disk it starts out with 400 MB/sec, but after 100 GB or so it goes down to 30-50 MB/sec.

Seek benching it has about half the IOPS as my USB->NVMe->Samsung.

The temperature sensor report "0" at all times.

It didn't die outright and the cable seems high quality.

SMART reports this as SATA3, so taking it apart it probably useless.

I got the 512 GB version.

Writing a single file into the whole disk it starts out with 400 MB/sec, but after 100 GB or so it goes down to 30-50 MB/sec.

Seek benching it has about half the IOPS as my USB->NVMe->Samsung.

The temperature sensor report "0" at all times.

It didn't die outright and the cable seems high quality.

SMART reports this as SATA3, so taking it apart it probably useless.

I did some digging with the one that comes up as Netac since it reported more info. Appears it’s a Dramless SATA which is why the write speed starts fast and drops off. Controller appears to be SM2258xt. Nothing groundbreaking. I doubt it’ll die outright unless it’s defective I’ve had the 500gb one a year. I’ve written 15tb or so through it without any issue and it still comes up at 100% health.

I did some digging with the one that comes up as Netac since it reported more info. Appears it’s a Dramless SATA which is why the write speed starts fast and drops off. Controller appears to be SM2258xt. Nothing groundbreaking. I doubt it’ll die outright unless it’s defective I’ve had the 500gb one a year. I’ve written 15tb or so through it without any issue and it still comes up at 100% health.
Yeah, it seems perfectly serviceable. It just nags me that it doesn't have a temperature sensor. Not that I would do anything with the temperature information, but still :)

Back