1st look at the RV670

Is it 128 bit or 256 bus? I read both from it though the translation was pretty crappy

Immediate non- theory right A 或 house hit floor 顯 示 卡 cause because of N 閹 percentage excess and derived 致 效 talent 卡 resident in merely possession 128BIT expression (three 豬 horse 克 amount 數 good watching, playing 戲 卻….) High Kiyomi under the 卡 卻 capital ministry 而 higher order king 訊 the mark solution ability, 這 些 缺 陷 實 resident in 讓 human 很 difficulty 掏 it comes out hard, 錢 exchanging 卡. Non- it passes, present stairway A house UVD technical large releasing striking color, 待 genuine new one generation TSMC 55 奈 United States such as leaving under many human engaging in right opposition work 這 section special 點狠 狠 area giving 它 defeat/miss and non- passes and Yayuu human one direct sinking residence 氣 GPU, DX10, SM4.1, 256BIT and simultaneous 價 case 也 yes from here simple is close human 顯 示 卡 appearance and 些 day child A house resident in exposure before the cause 此 same 將 發 售 one 款 possessing DX10.1, UVD and 256BIT, the floor in PCI-E 2.0 mark all the new 顯 示 卡 - RV670 series, all sectors of society 謠 word four happening,如 now transmitted minute star course skill first time 發 chart RV670XTX and 將 讓 玩 house seeing arriving at 這 rank new member genuine prestige.

Looks cool though, any release date?

Most likely it's got a 256-bit bus. If it's only 128-bit, you might as well ignore it completely (just like anything else with a 128-bit bus :p imo).

Is it 128 bit or 256 bus? I read both from it though the translation was pretty crappy
8 pieces of 32 bit memory chips = 256-bit interface.

The parts at first glance did look like 16-bit chips, but the part number verifies the chips are 32-bit parts.

8 pieces of 32 bit memory chips = 256-bit interface.

The parts at first glance did look like 16-bit chips, but the part number verifies the chips are 32-bit parts.

Ah cool thanks, means it will probably be a good contender then :)

Any idea on shaders and such?

So this will be the refresh of the 2900XT? Or it'll be the 2900XTX??

Dunno... I didn't think ATI made their high-end parts "RV670" The "v" is usually reserved for mid/low range, not top end.

Ah, probably... my bad. Except that ATI has released their mid-low range... so where does this fit in exactly? Looks like a mid-range I'm guessing, but a better one than the 2600XT

Ah, probably... my bad. Except that ATI has released their mid-low range... so where does this fit in exactly? Looks like a mid-range I'm guessing, but a better one than the 2600XT

It will be the $200-250ish card probably. 2600 series sucks for gaming but good for video. This card sounds like it has the video stuff but also the horsepower for gaming.

they are claiming 2,400 MHz memory GDDR4 ram. This makes no sense for 256bit.
Here is Hynix
Here is Samsung IC (remember) from back then. Those IC's never surfaced from my research. Not saying this will happen this is why we need to see benchmarks.

Hmm, they still don't show the B-06 versions.

1200mhz (2400) GDDR4 seems really fast and expensive for a medium ranged part. 900mhz (1800) GDDR3 seems to make a lot more sense, unless they are trying to put out another high end.

Oh hmm, upon further checking some of the 2600xt's use the GDDR4 @ 2300mhz vs the 1GB 2900xt @ 2100mhz... they even use 128bit bus =\

I really really think these are the actual mainstream cards from ATI.

rv6701ay5-1.jpg

Looks like the RV670 maybe on par with the R600 but single slot at 55nm using UVD, etc this time. But I still prefer to see benchmarks.

Source

It will be interesting to see if:
-there is a quad channel 256-bit ring bus
-dual core RV670 = R670
-improved rendered back ends
are true or not.

It will be interesting to see if:
-there is a quad channel 256-bit ring bus
Um, that's not much of a stretch since 4 x 64-bit busses are common on 256-bit memory cards. ;) And with a 256-bit memory bus it would have a 512-bit ring bus. Unless you meant an effective "1024" bit memory bus then I'd disagree.
-dual core RV670 = R670
very unlikely due to the poor economy of scaling for 2 chips on 1 card and power consumption. 2 100W+ chips in 1 small package (MCM) wouldn't work either.
-improved rendered back ends
are true or not.
hopefully.

I think it's likely that ATI has given up on the high end this generation and instead will just concentrate on volume parts. The "R650" seems to have fallen into a black hole and even AMD only talks up the R700 now.

I think it's possible that ATI scrapped the rest of the High-end cards for this generation. As far as the specs go, I would've assumed that this card would've been the 2950Pro, but instead it's called the XTX (perhaps) because ATI has just given up on the high-end, and is just released the price/performance parts.

even with 256 bit bus 2.4ghz mem is nearly 77gb/sec of bandwidth which is nothing to sneeze at.

rv670_1.jpg

We already knew, RV670 Both models will be available in mid-November. But today sources confirmed the release by releasing information and detailed specifications of the RV670 promo doc, although all the info list in the pic we are already known in the previous reports,In this pic, we can able to see some other things.

Compared to R600, RV670 are using TSMC's 55 nanometer technology, it will have better thermal performance and power consumption. It uses a single-slot design, maybe AMD is thinking Quad Crossfire. How's the Quad Crossfire proforming in PCIe2.0 mode? have outstanding performance? Let us waiting.

Unfortunately, in RV670 spy Pic leaking by NV800 we cant find Display port. But AMD has already promised: RV670 will have DisplayPort. We think DisplayPort products now still not in mass production, so AMD omitted that slot in the sample. According to the current information we know, in this generation all the graphics core, both RV670 & G92 are not directly support DispalyPort, They need a conversion chips to Support that.

Although AMD HD 2000 series cards support PCIe some 2.0 features(partly), but in the pic we can know, AMD wish to use RV670 to replace R600,adds UVD support to Hi end cards. Now the only thing is let's hope the UVD wont have any kinds of playback issues.

http://news.expreview.com/2007-09-28/1190967523d3801.html

rv670_1.jpg

We already knew, RV670 Both models will be available in mid-November. But today sources confirmed the release by releasing information and detailed specifications of the RV670 promo doc, although all the info list in the pic we are already known in the previous reports,In this pic, we can able to see some other things.

Compared to R600, RV670 are using TSMC's 55 nanometer technology, it will have better thermal performance and power consumption. It uses a single-slot design, maybe AMD is thinking Quad Crossfire. How's the Quad Crossfire proforming in PCIe2.0 mode? have outstanding performance? Let us waiting.

Unfortunately, in RV670 spy Pic leaking by NV800 we cant find Display port. But AMD has already promised: RV670 will have DisplayPort. We think DisplayPort products now still not in mass production, so AMD omitted that slot in the sample. According to the current information we know, in this generation all the graphics core, both RV670 & G92 are not directly support DispalyPort, They need a conversion chips to Support that.

Although AMD HD 2000 series cards support PCIe some 2.0 features(partly), but in the pic we can know, AMD wish to use RV670 to replace R600,adds UVD support to Hi end cards. Now the only thing is let's hope the UVD wont have any kinds of playback issues.

http://news.expreview.com/2007-09-28/1190967523d3801.html
thanks for the info :D

Back