1Password for iOS free for a limited time (normally $10 IIRC)

And the 1Password team is working on an extension so that other apps can authenticate to your 1Password database.

No reason not to get this, IMO.

thanks for the heads-up! I'm downloading iOS 8 atm so that'll be next. :)

crap, I bought this when it went on 50% off sale :(
I need the OS X app to go on sale...

...and what do you mean iOS 8 is it released?

Hmm, is it worth it to get this and transfer all my last pass passwords over?

1password is great, but I personally use iCloud keychain
I'm hoping they can integrate with iCloud and once they do that I might switch back over

are you paying for lastpass premium? 1password doesn't have a subscription model.
1password is free right now so it's "worth it" just to "buy" it even if you don't download it :)

Yeah I just got it. I don't pay for last pass premium, but it works on my PC/MBPr whereas the iOS app is just terrible. Right now I use it with iCloud Keychain because of that. 1password does require extra purchases for the Mac/Windows though.

Wait. Why can I download 1password for free through their website, but on the App Store it costs $50?

1password costs money on OS X. The one from their site is a timed demo :(

main reason I haven't used it. there are ways around that but it wouldn't make sense for something security sensitive, imo.

what happens if you get locked out of the 1password app? is there a call center to get you back in? I just hate having all my eggs in one basket especially if I trust them to secure sensitive stuff like my online banking

what happens if you get locked out of the 1password app? is there a call center to get you back in? I just hate having all my eggs in one basket especially if I trust them to secure sensitive stuff like my online banking

The password archive is stored locally or in the cloud (specifically Dropbox). If you forget your master password you are pretty much SOL.

I've been using 1password for the last couple years to store unique 50 character (or whatever the website max is) passwords for every account I have. Have no complaints other than the lack of integration on mobile. But this is a non issue now with the release of iOS 8 and their updated app.

The password archive is stored locally or in the cloud (specifically Dropbox). If you forget your master password you are pretty much SOL.

I've been using 1password for the last couple years to store unique 50 character (or whatever the website max is) passwords for every account I have. Have no complaints other than the lack of integration on mobile. But this is a non issue now with the release of iOS 8 and their updated app.
my only issue is that when I sit down at a PC I have to dig through my keychain manually to obtain a password that's stored in iCloud's keychain. I could use 1Password across platforms but then I have to pay for the desktop versions.

And I really like iCloud's keychain implementation. The one feature I'm waiting for is for 1password to sync with iCloud's keychain...or at least migrate data to/from the keychain.

Has there been any word on implementing this feature?

I don't see why they would as doing so would cause them to lose out on you buying their stuff on the desktop

I do like the idea of no subscriptions

I don't see why they would as doing so would cause them to lose out on you buying their stuff on the desktop

I do like the idea of no subscriptions
It's the opposite: if I could seamlessly use my passwords cross-platform I'd be more likely to buy the desktop apps.

As it is I have to manually sync passwords between my OS keychain and 1password in order to get it to sync cross platform. Too much trouble so I just manually save my passwords for popular sites on chrome on windows and leave the rest in keychain.

I highly recommend the 1password desktop/ios combo. Even with the new keychain options. Even if you have to pay a bit. It works so well, not just for passwords but with all sorts of personal/financial data secure, accessible storage

1Password is awesome. I sync it up with Dropbox on all platforms, too. Two passwords to remember: 1Password key and Dropbox password. Couldn't be more happy with the purchase of 1Password, worth the money for sure just for the ease of use.

I will never use those things. If you cannot remember your passwords, write it down. In time someone will hack it.

No troll here just the truth! Just like all those fools that use the Cloud services out there. Your stuff is never safe out there.

Never tried this as I've been using password safe on all digital devices. Curious what makes this better.

Does not look limited time, they changed it so it is a free app with a pro in-app purchase.

Why use 1password over Lastpass free?

The same reason one might use Safari over Chrome. Largely preference, but some specific and differing features. One big difference is that 1Password allows you to choose where to store your vault; Dropbox, iCloud, or local device. You can also have multiple vaults.

Otherwise, people are largely locked in to 1Password or Lastpass depending on which desktop they're coming to iOS from. OS X users are more likely to be 1Password users, as an example, since 1Password was the only game in town for a while.

Back