1GB PC3200 Dual Channel Kit Kingston HyperX @Outpost $159.99

LoneWolf

2[H]4U
http://shop4.outpost.com/product/3746176

Here's the deal (this is a 1GB kit, that is two 512MB modules). I ordered a set myself, the price looked pretty doggoned good to me. For more information, check Kingston's PDF on this kit at http://www.valueram.com/datasheets/KHX3200K2_1G.pdf

Kingston 1GB PC3200 400MHz 2-64x64 HyperX DDR Memory 184Pin - Lifetime Warranty
Double Data Rate PC 3200 Memory:
Outpost #: 3746176
Kingston HyperX memory is designed based on the latest DDR specifications available, and is 100% tested at Kingston's flagship factories. Plus, these Kingston modules come with the standard Kingston lifetime warranty and toll-free Tech Support. Built with the best-quality components, Kingston HyperX is competitively priced and is the choice for the serious gamer.

Model #KHX3200K2/1G

Limit 5 Per Customer/Name/Address

Price: $ 159.99

With 3.2v+ it might. With slackened timings it should no problem. It is CH-5.

They should correct the item number so more people don't think they are getting BH-5. Item should be listed as KHX3200AK2/1G and the word "refurbished" should be prominent. They just don't seem to care even after the RMAs. :mad:

This is a very good deal. This was posted about a month ago however when you try to purchase the item it put it in the cart for 189.99 (if I remember correctly). Now it lists 159.99 when you purchase so you can't go wrong with that!

ORDERED...

foofighter06 said:
Think these things would hit DDR500 Speeds?

I'm looking for something that overclocks.

they are rated for ddr 500 at 3-4-4-8 1t. scroll down to the bottom.. with more voltage you can start to tighten those of course.

Just checked outpost It's out of stock 1 to 2 week delay in getting the item. Well to long to wait for me..Have to look for some other deals.
Cheers
J

Gundamit said:
They should correct the item number so more people don't think they are getting BH-5. Item should be listed as KHX3200AK2/1G and the word "refurbished" should be prominent. They just don't seem to care even after the RMAs. :mad:

Where does it say "refurbished" I looked, and didn't see that.

Even if it's AK2/1G it's a good deal, but I agree, they ought to change it, and I'll write in a complaint if that's what I get. Mine are listed as already shipped, and due to arrive at work December 1.

tailhook said:
Just checked outpost It's out of stock 1 to 2 week delay in getting the item. Well to long to wait for me..Have to look for some other deals.
Cheers
J
That's what I thought also.
I called them up and they said the were back ordered but I ordered anyways.
They said they already had 6 orders in ahead of me so I was pre-paired to wait.
When I ordered mine I chose the overnight option because it was only $3 more.
This morning I'm greeted by a box of 1GB memeory sitting at my door.
Santa must be working early this year. :D

dsptech said:

Just curious (though I think I know the answer) is the ram the KHX3200K2/1G part number or is it KHX3200AK2/1G ?

dsptech said:

Ohh that sounds promising... I ordered mine yesterday and got the 2nd day shipping. Maybe mine shipped. What time did you order yours?

Ooh that's a decent price for sure... even if ch-5.

I was wondering what my 512 (2 x 256) megs of BH-5 Hyperx is worth because someone was interested and I told them 155 shipped I think it was and they laughed at me. I thought 512 of BH-5 was at least worth 155 shipped, but I could be wrong.

When I got these, I got one for $100 and then another for maybe $110 (and Kingston sent me a HyperX t-shirt!!) They are listed as CAS2, but on my Gigabyte board, I have to run them at CAS2.5 or my system becomes very unstable. I don't know if it's the memory's fault or the board's. Anyone else with similar experience?

What the heck, I was going to get some Corsair value ram for about the same price. Been a diehard Corsair guy for a couple years, maybe this will turn me around. Will post part numbers of what I get, also chose overnite.

Part number KHX3200AK2/1gb. It didn't look refurbished when I got mine, so I dont know what that person is talking about. I had a comment about this deal over here. My 2nd post down in that thread. As they have a 512 module for really cheap, but it's limit is 1 per household, so this deal is great if you need a gig.

KevinO said:
Ohh that sounds promising... I ordered mine yesterday and got the 2nd day shipping. Maybe mine shipped. What time did you order yours?
I ordered mine at 5:07 pm EST.

These won't run at Cas2 on my Chaintech Zenith Ultra 400 though :(

I got those about 3 weeks ago at $159 + a $20 rebate, they run at CAS2 on my system with the specified timings at 400Mhz...rock solid! (I have a shuttle ultra400 board btw, pretty cheap but good board... AN35 Ultra).

man that's crap i payed some 20 bucks more then this and that was after rebate... I'm thinking of buying a set of this, and then returning it under my old reciept so i can get that other 20$ ;)

This is good ram at a great price....I picked some up a while ago and it was BH-5. These ones are CH-5, but they are still very good for that price. Won't overclock quite as nice, but these should be rock solid DDR400 CAS2 and will looser timings, should overclock really well.

On intersted thing for people loosening the timings though, mine will not post at CAS3. 2 and 2.5 are fine but it doenst like CAS3. I think it is my motherboard, because my KHX4000 which has SPD settings of 3-4-4-8 ran like pootsies in my computer. When I get my Neo2 Ill give it a shot and see what happens.

Backordered :(
bastards.gif

Just got mine today. Going home right now to put them in. :)

P.S. Even if backordered, it's worth the wait. I compared the prices to everywhere else, and for this exact kit, they're not even close.

I was hoping it wouldn't be backordered, but I haven't got my tracking number in yet, so I guess I am on that list :(. Oh well, I am going to wait because like everyone one said it is worth it.

They expect the next shipment to arrive on December 12th. Sucks too, I need 8 pairs of these in the next two days, guess I'll just order Crucial.

Anyone know how much shipping would cost to Malaysia? I tried looking it up on their website with no such luck. They do provide a quote on checkout, but to get there, you need to register with your credit details, and I don't want to do that if the shipping's too expensive.

Appreciate any help/info provided. :)

DiT said:
Anyone know how much shipping would cost to Malaysia? I tried looking it up on their website with no such luck. They do provide a quote on checkout, but to get there, you need to register with your credit details, and I don't want to do that if the shipping's too expensive.

Appreciate any help/info provided. :)

Easy solution. Call them.

Using Airborne International, about US$24. DHL, about US$61. Hmmmm...

It seems like the specs posted on Outpost are wrong, the memory is actually rated at
2.5 3 3 7 @ 400Mhz. The outpost specs are for better versions of the hyper x, not the ones they are offering. If you want to check yourself, look at the data sheets at Kingston.

Nevermind, mine were shipped. I should have them today. I will let you know the results. I am going to try fro 2.5 2 2 9 @ 400.

PROBLEM # 1:

Subj: Outpost.com Product Order
Date: 12/2/2004 4:30:45 AM Central Standard Time

Dear CHRIS :

Thank you for your order! We apologize but the item(s) you
ordered is currently out of stock and we are unable to provide a
definite ship date at this time. However, we continually receive
new merchandise in our warehouse and we hope to fulfill your
order within the next thirty days or sooner if possible.

At this time, your order is still pending and will ship as soon
as the item(s) is in stock. Your order number is XXXXXXXXX .

If you would prefer to cancel, change, or check the status of
your order, please call customer service at 1-877-OUTPOST
(International customers may call +1-860-927-2050) or e-mail us
at [email protected].

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for choosing Fry's Outpost.com.

Sincerely,

Fry's Outpost.com
Customer Service

Tel: 1-877-OUTPOST
Tel: 1-860-927-2050
Fax: 1-860-927-8375
E-mail: [email protected]
http://www.outpost.com/entry?site=macs:outpost

PROBLEM #2:

It might be slower rated ram then the specs listed on the website? :(

According to someone else posting, but I checked the model # compared to Newegg... and newegg shows this.... http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-144-126&depa=1 (faster ram)

Me either, can we get some verified results on this please. Anyone that has already gotten theirs. I've already ordered mine, and i am on the waiting list for them to restock. I'd like to know if this deal is a waste and should cancel. I have one pop-shot at making a purchase of decent ram and thus cannot be wasted. I figured that $100 off the normal price of ram was a pretty good deal, but if they lied to all of us in order to sell the ram i'm going to be pissed.

Please verifiy your boot and oc timings people.

On my Chaintech 7NJS Ultra 400 I can only run them at 2.5-4-4-8 @ 218 MHz 2.7V without errors in memtest. :mad:
WIth Geil PC4000, the same, so it just may be my board. :(

Back