1gb flash drive, $9.99 Microcenter (online only) no rebates

Just got 2 for 31 dollars, was looking at price for 2 day shipping and thought I set it back to standard. Oh well.

If it wasn't for $6 shipping I might get one. Maybe I'll see if anyone else wants one and split shipping.....

How long is this good for?

Anybody know how much current these request from the USB port? I'm looking for 100mA or less so I can plug them into my keyboard's ports.

If you don't know how to check, go into device manager and look at the properties of the hub the drive is plugged into. The power tab is the one you want. It will say the name of the device and the power required.

MisterDNA said:
Anybody know how much current these request from the USB port? I'm looking for 100mA or less so I can plug them into my keyboard's ports.

If you don't know how to check, go into device manager and look at the properties of the hub the drive is plugged into. The power tab is the one you want. It will say the name of the device and the power required.

it uses 100mA on the nose, according to my device manager.

I bought one in-store for $14.99. They had them by the front checkout counters. Works great.

the price speaks for itself my ass. look at that advertisement "I got to get one of these!...i bought two" I won't buy the product for this very reason.

sorry to bump this thread, but i was wondering, has anyone got their drives yet? i bought 5 of these for my family on the 6th and still no word on shipping from them.

I got mine in-store.

A warning to anyone else who may be ordering; it may stop working (as in windows stops recognizing it, even if you tell it exactly what it is, it will not read), so do not order if you can't return yours. I went to Microcenter and they just gave me a new one, no questions asked. Great service, but a bit too budgety of a drive.

I got mine yesterday, I live in Blacksburg, VA ordered Dec 4 shipped Dec 8. I'm using it for mp3s on my car stereo since it has a USB port built in (sianara CDs), so far so good. The cover for the connector was kind of hard to get off at first but it seems to have loosened up a bit after use, I'll probably wind up losing it anyway. Can't really complain for $15 shipped.

You can get 1gig flash drive @ newegg for around $15 shipped with free shipping... I got one last week...

Everfalling said:
sorry to bump this thread, but i was wondering, has anyone got their drives yet? i bought 5 of these for my family on the 6th and still no word on shipping from them.
I got a notification on the 3 I ordered that they shipped on the 10th, but I haven't received them yet. The free shipping option goes out USPS according to my notification so no tracking is available.

i got my 2 within 3 days of ordering

they are slow drives though =(

Back