1and1 domain problems

I am having domain issues with 1and1 I dont have any web hosting with them just transferred an domain name to them. I cant add any more IP's to the domain name since I am hosting my own servers and they told me they can only do one ip on there control panel and there was no way for them over the phone to add more IP's to my domain. Does anybody know how to fix this issue? I tried to transfer out to somebody else but they keep denying the transfer since its not 60 days. They are holding my domain hostage and I am losing money on it right now.

Since I doubt you want to have multiple IP addresses for one name, you should probably create subdomains. You can then manage each subdomain accordingly via their panel.

You have a few options if you want to actually use someone else for DNS:

You can delegate away from 1and1 and transfer after 60 days (the 60 day limitation is imposted by ICANN and is legitimate) under 1and1's panel they call it "use other nameservers" - you need the DNS set up on the other servers before you delegate away.

My personal suggestion is to get the fuck out of 1and1. They are the worst company on earth for every product ever.

I cant even get my domain name transferred out until 60 days they are holding my business domain hostage and its pissing me off. Looks like I will be out of mail for 60 days unless there is some other way of doing it.

Why do you want multiple IP addresses for the same name? Are you doing round-robin, or geo-based load balancing?

But then you mention mail ... so is it that you want to have an MX record point at something else than the A references?

Why do you want multiple IP addresses for the same name? Are you doing round-robin, or geo-based load balancing?

But then you mention mail ... so is it that you want to have an MX record point at something else than the A references?

Yeah i think there is confusion here.. sounds like you need MX records which should be very doable at any DNS host. create an MX record to point to the ip(s) set to handle your mail.

My personal suggestion is to get the fuck out of 1and1. They are the worst company on earth for every product ever.

I have been with them for 10 years, and only had an issue one time, and the indian girl was actually EXTREMELY helpful. My only gripe with them is the price which has steadily gone up over the years. I'm paying about $150 a year for 3 websites with them. 150GB of storage space.

Outside of the price, it fits my needs, which is strictly as a hosting site. I have not done any scripting.

Back