1997's Blade Runner classic getting remastered for consoles, Steam

memnoch998

Limp Gawd

UnknownSouljer

Supreme [H]ardness
I played it back in the day. I think the impressive thing about it was that it really was the first game of its type that really made me feel like I was part of a cinematic universe. A lot of the scenes and "camera movements" are torn straight from the movie. It had top notch voice acting, as well as meaningful dialog choices, a rarity for its time. And it had some level of replayability due to random seed generation, the order you chose to do things in, and how many clues you discovered all factoring into how final events would play out.

Still, like most/all adventure games after about 1-2.5x playthroughs the (very) nuanced differences weren't really enough to go searching for. Most of them had to do with some secret ending unlocks. I'd welcome a higher rez remake just for nostalgia, but this game despite it's cool cinematic routes was never going to set the world on fire.

Last edited:

JustinCorrigible

[H]ard|Gawd
I played through this maybe 9 or 10 times from '97-'03. Definitely kept me hooked on point and clicks. Was quite the time to be a gamer.

D

Deleted member 214115

I used to go to the balcony and chill in this game-seriously. Chill and listening to the rain and music while watching the VTOL's fly around. I actually didn't play it much because at the time it was not the game for me. I have much respect and would recommend the game. So, I was a bit disappointed that I missed the free giveaway on GOG, and a chance to actually play it. With the covid around I am being frugal. The time will come.....just not now. And, only if designers made games like this caliber again.....

Bankie

[H]ard|Gawd
I loved Westwood Studios. Some of my favorite memories come from sneaking onto the family computer late at night and playing the Kyrandia series back in the early 90s.

horrorshow

Supreme [H]ardness
Considering how many times I've watched the movie, I'm ashamed I never took the time to play this..

blert

2[H]4U
That's awesome news, just hope they keep it as close the original as possible
I still have this game and an OG playstation just so I can replay it at least once a year

UnknownSouljer

Supreme [H]ardness
Considering how many times I've watched the movie, I'm ashamed I never took the time to play this..
The film is legendary and tops most every critics best sci-fi film of all time (or is "at worst in the top 5 - we're of course talking about every version that isn't the original theatrical release of course).
The game in comparison is a reasonable fun atmospheric romp but it won't blow your mind.

Reactions: N4CR
like this

Nytegard

2[H]4U
It's actually pretty good. Every playthru is different. It's well regarded for its time, but also a lesser known title. I'd put it up there with the Longest Journey. Basically the last two good adventure games of the late 90s that still play well.

I'd add The Last Express to that list. It's a criminally underrated adventure game that still holds up.

As far as a remake goes, I'm not entirely too sure how I feel. The vast majority of adventure game remakes lately I've found to be barely better than the original. Gabriel Knight and Leisure Suit Larry were properly made remakes, but anything by Double Fine Productions feels extremely lazy, and the graphics of the Monkey Island games felt out of place compared to the originals, and lost the feeling of what I liked about the originals.

Mak54291

Gawd
This could be for sure good. I just played a bit lately and quit because of the bad, or outdated, graphics.