1997 Subaru Legacy, 36,XXX miles

thecarguy

Limp Gawd
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a 1997 Legacy Outback to sell. This car has 36,700 miles. It has working air conditioning, a tape player/AM/FM radio, power windows/mirrors/locks, high-quality cloth seats, ABS, Subaru’s legendary AWD system, and their advanced 4EAT automatic transmission.

It has a 2.5 liter 4-cylinder engine producing 165 hp. I get about 24 miles to the gallon, at over a mile of altitude.

I only recently received this vehicle. My grandmother gave it to me, with a clean title. I can honestly say this car has been driven by a grandma. With a few minor exceptions, this car is in beautiful condition.

I am selling this car because I am looking for a smaller vehicle that is more suitable for a student like me.

I am asking for Bluebook price, which is 8,500 dollars, negotiable. I am located near Boulder, Colorado (80026). I am looking for a 2.5RS, if anybody is interested in trades.

Thank you for your time.

I have more pictures, 2560x1920 resolution, that I can email to anybody that wants them.

legacy47tj.jpg

legacy38zu.jpg

legacy28iz.jpg

legacy10yr.jpg

-thecarguy

a) have you got a complete set of maintenance records?

b) in the other pics, is the car clean? if so, can you send them to me?

c) is the mark on the passenger side bumper cover a "bruise", or is it just dirt?

d) the drivers' side rear bumper cover appears to be damaged? dirt or damage?

e) what are the "few minor exceptions"?

f) if potential buyer is willing to pay for it to be done, are you willing to take it to a scoobie dealer for a checkout?

g) mileage works out to about 4500 miles per year. was it driven that little, or was it stored for periods (or a single long period) of time?

thanks.

ccotenj- We have the complete set of records, or at least my father says we do. I will check tonight. I don't really have any pictures of the car when it's washed....but I just purchased the complete Mequiars wash/polish/wax kit, so I'll see what I can do for you. I would love to take the car to a dealer for a check up. The few minor exceptions are, the cup holder is jammed in one place (it has one that slides out above the radio), the interior lights don't come on when you open the door (I'm sure that can be fixed), it has the paint chip on the rear bumper, and if you look at the passenger side fender, there is another scratch and a piece of trim is missing. My grandmother just didn't drive this thing often, it was not left to sit over a long period of time. The longest it sat was for 2 months at our house before we decided to sell it.

Hope that helps.

-thecarguy

If you find yourself driving to the greater Columbus, Ohio area let me know and I'll buy it. That is unless you $8500 price includes shipping to Ohio. :D

Bump for a good price on a nice car.

LOL, my 2001 Impreza all ready has close to 80,000 miles on it. I overwork that thing too hard.

Ohhhh... is it a 2.5RS? Would you sell it? Lol. That is the car I am looking for.

My car, however, is still up for sale.

Back