1996 Sega Test Department Training Video

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
In today’s episode of “Gosh, I’m Starting to Feel Kind of Old,” we revisit Sega’s past and what it might have been like to be a game tester in the ‘90s.

I tested software for two days before I got up and walked out. Definately not the job for me. Sucks!

That video has the oddest selection/organization of music ever

Reactions: Rahh
like this
Wow...brings back memories. I have done both Hardware and software testing and debugging and it is a thankless job where when you find a major bug you are made to feel like you did something wrong, like it's your fault.

I would love to see, now that is twenty years later, a "Where are they now" Who stayed in the industry, who is running their own company and who popped their cork and went in to floral design :)

After watching this video I went to YouTube and watched Atari:Game Over.

Games used to be something back then it was kinda like the Comics of the late 80s and early 90s.

Yes, I am bringing this thread back to life since I finally watched the video.
I want to see the "where are they today" follow up to this video! Seriously, I'm incredibly curious what they all did. :p

One down, a lot to go:
Tom Kalinske - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
We knew the executives would continue to do well but I am interested in the game testers themselves. The ones they talked to did not sound like dumb kids (as I would have assumed game testers were since it is a crap job) so they probably could have found better opportunities.

Ok So I've watched Military training videos while in the mililtary. I've watched all kinds of training videos in the corporate world. I've watched all kinds of sexual harassment awareness videos in the work place and now I've seen Sega training and I've got one question. Why the F do All of them use that same "training video music"? That has got to be the most horrible sounding music ever and it is in every single training video I've ever watched.

Back