$199.00 ROCCAT "gaming" keyboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWD1961

[H]ard|Gawd
This popped up in my Vine list for review, but since Vine reviewers have to pay taxes on everything they receive, I was thinking I'd ask all of you, "Why is this 200 bucks?" it's not even wireless.

ROCCAT Vulcan Pro Optical RGB Gaming Keyboard

Does ROCCAT ahve decent macro software? For 200 bucks I'd expect a 2.4hz wireless option too. Geeze.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
All that bright RGB isn't cheap I guess. That is hella bright, if that's a person's thing.

If the pictures on Amazon are accurate - definitely brighter than my Razer Huntsman Elite or Logitech G915.

Worth it? Guess that depends on your taste. I've never used that brand, is it good?

All that bright RGB isn't cheap I guess. That is hella bright, if that's a person's thing.

If the pictures on Amazon are accurate - definitely brighter than my Razer Huntsman Elite or Logitech G915.

Worth it? Guess that depends on your taste. I've never used that brand, is it good?
Well known name. I think they had a couple of notable gaming mice back in the day. At that price I'd expect wireless connectivity and USB ports/3.5mm mic, headphones support with an on board mic mute button. It's "optical." Wooooo. Like we need the key input to be 5 microseconds instead of 1ms. As far as the light go, could care less about that. I'm not looking at my keyboard when I game.

I really love the keycap design of that thing, but i've never used it personally.

Being optical is pretty cool and the newest "in" thing for high end keyboards, probably the large reason for the price.

When it comes to brightness, my HyperX Alloy Elite 2 with Pudding caps is stupid bright, it literally lights up my desk, and I love it.

I hate the look of the keycaps. I guess it's a good way to maximize rgb brightness, but it looks chintzy to me.

If they light up the secondary/ Shifted part of the key, that would be great. My present ones don't and its annoying as hell.

I don't even care about the lights, really. I want the functionality which means software macro program has to be good. that, and I expect 2.4Ghz wireless at that price. Tom's did a review on it's sister, and it's just meh to me, especially at that price.
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/roccat-vulcan-tkl-pro-gaming-keyboard-review-optical-titan

I can get a top of the line Logitech wireless gaming board for that much, although Logitech's current offering for software is infuriating. At least I'd be int the same ecosystem, since own the LT G305 mouse.

Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back