196.21 Driver problem and General Question

pc1x1

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi guys, I have a computer hooked up through

DVI - VGA adapter to a monitor
DVI - HDMI to my HDTV

When I had Windows XP, I could configure both monitors fine,

I just updated to Windows 7 Ultimate on this computer, and for whatever reason the same set up isn't working, and the VGA one, the monitor gets out of sync, and I just see scrambled lines, and when I set the HDTV as primary, its doesn't line up, the resolution despite being correct, looks off, ie, overscan (TV is DLP), and I don't see any options to fix overscan, that I normally see in my Radeon's Catalyst,etc. I think its a driver issue. It seems not everything was installed maybe? Before in Windows XP, the Nvidia Control Panel could set up the TV as a HDTV, now I don't see an option at all to do this?

When I installed 196.21, it did not restart my system, and when I go into the Nvidia Control Panel, the settings are very limited, and theres no tray icon. I removed and reinstalled, and thought this was very weird.

I am running a Geforce 7900GT, this is a Server/HTPC.

Thanks!

Can't answer specifically I'm afraid, but have you tried the 196.34 drivers? They are betas but have worked well for me....

Can't answer specifically I'm afraid, but have you tried the 196.34 drivers? They are betas but have worked well for me....

No, not yet, I did a Driver Sweep, reinstalled and same issues, maybe Nvidia Control panel has less options than Catalyst or something, seems amnemic to me. But it seems maybe it has to do with one monitor using analog, and the other digital, although it worked fine on Windows XP.

So for now, I just use each a single monitor, If I need the TV, use that as the monitor, vice versa, Ill try .34 or possibly the next revised drivers when they are released. Thanks!

Back