1950x + $30 off Motherboard = $599.99 at Micro Center (In-store only)

I like it even though it will be 2019 at the earliest before I can visit a MC. The closest one is several hundred miles away - I will only take the trip if I am visiting a relative.

Dang tempting, are there any deals on x399 mobos? FYI I did see the enermax 280mm tr4 aio at Fry's for 79$ AR. Usually I would trust open box at MC, but with so many pins on the socket kind if scary to me.

I think that’s just too much at the current market stage.

Barely anyone requires the extra PCI-E lanes this allows for over the Ryzen 1700 model, and those that do, could probably utilize the extra cores and speed bump of gen 2. Last gen 8 core Threadripper is a tough sell against 12 core, 16 core, and 32 core threadripper. The ball has moved significantly.

2920x is $650 MSRP and is 12/24 core thread vs this 1950x 8/16. Microcenter prices will be cheaper than MSRP too.

Last edited:
Dang tempting, are there any deals on x399 mobos? FYI I did see the enermax 280mm tr4 aio at Fry's for 79$ AR. Usually I would trust open box at MC, but with so many pins on the socket kind if scary to me.
I wouldn't trust open box stuff from mc from my experience. The 2 open box boards I went to buy had only the MB in their and bent pins. One had random MB standoffs rolling around inside the anti static bag with the MB.

Back